ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana fires Tom Allen, owes him $21M

I was thinkng defense - LB and CB but OL is always worth a look too.
Was thinking skill position players. Maybe my assumption they have some talent based on what little I know of them this year is misguided, but they scored a lot more points than we did this year.

Prez Ilson just announced her four part HC replacement plan.

Get me Tom Allen, four reasons he’s our next guy…
A. he’s used to being fired, perfect fit.
2. the taxpayers will cover the bill.
C. I loved him on Home Improvement
D. On a multiple choice test always pick D
You’re the leading candidates for dumbfvck of the week! Keep up the good work!

Since 1947 when Bo McMillin finished 14 years with a career .561% record, NOT ONE COACH has finished his time at Indiana with a winning record. That is 14 coaches and 76 seasons.

Only TWO coaches since 1947 finished above .400% - Bill Mallory and Tom Allen.

Since 1898, Tom Allen has the 8th best coaching record at Indiana.

The aforementioned Bo McMillin had a career .500% record in the conference. He is the ONLY coach that hasn't had a losing conference record in Indiana football history.

Ugh.

Since 1947 when Bo McMillin finished 14 years with a career .561% record, NOT ONE COACH has finished his time at Indiana with a winning record. That is 14 coaches and 76 seasons.

The aforementioned Bo McMillin had a career .500% record in the conference. He is the ONLY coach that hasn't had a losing conference record in Indiana football history.

Ugh.
Basketball school.

Reactions: Hendy hawk

Ugh.
Bill Mallory had some good teams at IU. his less than .500 record is because he lost a lot of games rebuilding the program to just above average.

Tom Allen was good enough to let him coach another year or more, who are they going to get as you spelled it out

Something has to be done about these buyout contracts, or contracts in general for D1 coaches.

Tom Allen worth 10's of millions of dollars to coach the Indiana Hoosier football team for a few years is beyond ridiculous.
Why?

FIFY
But I have to say, given the stupidity and short sightedness of the parade of dumbfvcks you’ve chosen to represent let’s start off with your opinion which is BF wha wha wha.
🥱
BF had good ideas but because his father reigned him in, wasn’t able to show his full ability. Brian began to turtle up and the offense suffered, he was never a good in home recruiter. Was he the worst OC? No. Was he the recruiter we need? No. He was a bad recruiter.

I think most schools in major conferences think of themselves as destination jobs. Find a coaching savior and lock them in with a huge contract with a massive buyout. Then it turns to crap. There is nothing wrong with hiring an excellent up and comer with a good contract and a reasonable buyout. When they move on , find and hire a new one. Outside of Saban and Smart I do not see too many coaches worth trying hire with the lure of a huge contract or buyout.

BF had good ideas but because his father reined him in, wasn’t able to show his full ability. Brian began to turtle up and the offense suffered, he was never a good in home recruiter. Was he the worst OC? No. Was he the recruiter we need? No. He was a bad recruiter.
Hmmm, what would make it hard to recruit and retain players? Injuries not withstanding.

When you have a cold sore on your lip, is it a good or bad time to hit the dating scene? Now let’s say that cold sore popped up Nov ‘20 and lasts nearly three years?

I hate to compare a horse shit case that was dismissed because the claimants couldn’t make a case to a cold sore, cold sores don’t deserve that association, but you get the point.

Last edited:

Don't know anything about this guy, but Iowa has gotten a bit of a pipeline into Hendricks County, IN (TE Cael Vanderbush '22, OL Leighton Jones '23), so the coaches might be familiar with him. This guy seems like a typical Iowa OL recruit - not highly rated and with mostly MAC offers. If our offensive staff can actually start developing players again, he might turn into a solid B1G OL.

Hmmm, what would make it hard to recruit and retain players? Injuries not withstanding.

When you have a cold sore on your lip, is it a good or bad time to hit the dating scene? Now let’s say that cold sore popped up Nov ‘20 and lasts nearly three years?

I hate to compare a horse shit case that was dismissed because the claimants couldn’t make a case to a cold sore, cold sores don’t deserve that association, but you get the point.
still recruited well defensively, and do you think that the players who would have made a difference in 2021 were affected by the racial stuff? they would have been freshmen in 21, redshirt freshman or sophomores in 22. We need a guy who can recruit and sell the offense...then execute it.

still recruited well defensively, and do you think that the players who would have made a difference in 2021 were affected by the racial stuff? they would have been freshmen in 21, redshirt freshman or sophomores in 22. We need a guy who can recruit and sell the offense...then execute it.
Who was named in the lawsuit? Not defensive coordinators or special teams. That’s like you have the cold sore but your friends don’t.

Here’s a headline from Nov 2020, “Iowa Receiver Lockett third player to leave program in less than a week.”

To BF’s credit, nice job in the portal Dec 2022. Too bad about all the injuries. Would have been nice to see that offense settle into the season.

Reactions: Rocket_Fran
Who was named in the lawsuit? Not defensive coordinators or special teams. That’s like you have the cold sore but your friends don’t.

Here’s a headline from Nov 2020, “Iowa Receiver Lockett third player to leave program in less than a week.”

To BF’s credit, nice job in the portal Dec 2022. Too bad about all the injuries. Would have been nice to see that offense settle into the season.
through 4 games it wasn't much to look at

The infrastructure built into the Iowa program vs the Indiana program is light years apart. Obviously there are no guarantees but the foundation built at Iowa IMO gives Iowa a good starting point when the time comes for a change at head coach.
Nuh uh, f*cking sky is going to fall. We are guaranteed to be losers…🙄

through 4 games it wasn't much to look at
28 point per game average after the first five games not including the cheating MI team that probably studied us twice bc of McNamara coming over.

That was plenty to look at. Vegas shifted their line on the Barta bet after that. 😂

Why would they not have waited 5 days and fired him on December 2nd? Would have saved then like $12 million, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT