ADVERTISEMENT

#%*&ing Nebraska

The bottom line is that players make plays. Our players on offense were not good enough to have an effective offense. It was never an effective offense this year, relatively speaking. An overhaul bringing in new players is required, barring position changes (like Graves moving to OL).
Agree with all of this.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I did the same with TCU-Iowa basketball. Iowa had no business being favored against a tough, physical Big 12 team on the second night of a back-to-back. I didn't think they'd get their asses kicked like they ended up doing, but felt if they won it would have been a squeaker at best. Biggest bet I made all weekend.
There are good bets out there to be made, no doubt. I think my basketball season starts in two more weeks...

Fire Brian Ferentz.

Dude should just go get a new job. He has to know remaining at Iowa any longer is going to be the end of his career. Needs to go be a position coach in the NFL and start over.
I agree that Brian needs to go, but unfortunately that won’t be drastic enough of a change. The next guy will be expected to sculpt the offense in Kirk’s image. Don’t expect to see anything different from an a Xs and Os standpoint. We are going to run the offense Kirk wants to run. The changes we can all hope for involve getting better players to run it.

What are your thoughts on what to do with Brian? Very curious as to what you think.
Brian needs to voluntarily leave. Find a new job in the NFL as a position coach or something. Maybe Special Teams Coordinator. He just needs to get out before he has to be shown the door.

Brian needs to voluntarily leave. Find a new job in the NFL as a position coach or something. Maybe Special Teams Coordinator. He just needs to get out before he has to be shown the door.
Except he won't be shown the door. I do think he will leave, but what do I know. I do know that all the chatter in the media after the 1st half debacle did not fall on deaf ears.

I kind of like the idea I floated in my column --- self-demotion to "Offensive Line Coach/Associate Offensive Coordinator" ---- let him keep the title to assuage his pride. Shitcan the current o-line coach and bring in a legit offensive coordinator and give him carte blanche to design the offense as he sees fit, based on existing personnel.

Reactions: srams21
I kind of like the idea I floated in my column --- self-demotion to "Offensive Line Coach/Associate Offensive Coordinator" ---- let him keep the title to assuage his pride. Shitcan the current o-line coach and bring in a legit offensive coordinator and give him carte blanche to design the offense as he sees fit, based on existing personnel to be obtained through the portal.
Eh. Slight edit above.

I kind of like the idea I floated in my column --- self-demotion to "Offensive Line Coach/Associate Offensive Coordinator" ---- let him keep the title to assuage his pride. Shitcan the current o-line coach and bring in a legit offensive coordinator and give him carte blanche to design the offense as he sees fit, based on existing personnel.

The problem is deeper than the Offensive Coordinator.

ADVERTISEMENT