ADVERTISEMENT

Insane spelling bee overtime

I find it odd that watching a spelling bee that uses a word list that 99.99999999999% of humans will never see, read or hear in their entire lifetimes is somehow considered to be compelling television fare.

What's the deal with that?

Oh, You Think the dictionary Is Your Ally. But You Merely Adopted The dictionary; these kids were Born In It, Molded By It. They Didn’t See a work of function Until they Were Already A fully grown, And By Then, It Was Nothing To them But Blinding.​

Rote learning method?

even if it's rote pretty amazing...caitlyn didn't make those 3s without spending hours making those 3s in practice either. but i don't think it's just rote. no way a kid can rote the entire dictionary and recall instantly. i think they use other elements like origin, phonetics, etc (likely many more)

Reactions: GOHOX69 and Moral
Austin Powers Nerd GIF

even if it's rote pretty amazing...caitlyn didn't make those 3s without spending hours making those 3s in practice either. but i don't think it's just rote. no way a kid can rote the entire dictionary and recall instantly. i think they use other elements like origin, phonetics, etc (likely many more)

Could be photographic memory too. All I know if they kid is pulling insane amounts of tail.

It's Caitlin. There is no y in changing the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT