ADVERTISEMENT

Insiders...Your "GUT" on Iowa Coaches/Players Confidence on Season

ikesmail

HB All-American
Gold Member
Apr 18, 2005
Chicago
Attention: Insiders into the Hawkeye Football program

Subject: Your "GUT" on Iowa Coaches/Players Confidence on Upcoming Football Season

I would love to hear the thoughts from those that are real close to the Coaches/Players on the upcoming season. I am optimistic as always and have heard from my younger brothers who are HS Coaches that we are raving about Ike at LT and the OL might be better than we think. Sure Ike and the others are going to have growing pains, but they will be very good someday.

As everyone knows I'm a huge CJ fan and believe he has that "WOW" factor with his arm 1st, mind, and legs. After spending a few days with my two brothers we all agree what has held Iowa back from being a consistent Top 25 team vs. a very good team for a 2-3 year period is at the skill positions on O and on D the Speed DE Rusher.

Key areas we have to get better at and we are all hoping we have turned the corner are:

1. QB Play - Have to make Big Plays - All Roads to Victory lead back to the QB
  2. WR - Speed and Catch the damn football. You can have all the speed in the world but you have to catch the ball
  3. RB - Since Shonn Greene we haven't had that guy you can give it to 25 times a game and make the D bend and break.....
  4. DE - Have to get to the QB

I'm a believe we have the players in all 4 above positions to provide a great opportunity for a 9 win or better season. I personally would not be happy at all with 8-4 with our schedule as it sits today and the players we have. Maybe I'm fooling myself that our schedule is actually much better than I think it is, but on paper it doesn't suggest a huge hurdle to achieve 9 wins or more.

Reactions: yiana
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News