ADVERTISEMENT

Investing advice?

Jan 2, 2008
I started a couple of threads on this over on WC. There was some good advice in them.

I’m not a very savvy investor but I like to follow world news and the markets. Most things I read put a spin on them one way or another. However I found this short daily newsletter that gets emailed to me every morning. It’s a brief read about what’s going on and a concise market summary with no spin and a little humor. It usually takes about 5 minutes to get through. It’s worth signing up.

Morning Brew get the newsletter here
https://www.morningbrew.com/?kid=bb190b

Do any of you have a daily summary like this you follow that you’ve found to be worthwhile?

Psssst. Pumpkin futures. It's tricky to time when to get out, but I'd say early/mid November is probably a safe bet. You're welcome.

Reactions: LuciousBDragon
I have the SeekingAlpha app on my phone. Enter all of your holdings or ones you’re interested in, and you’ll get daily updates on them.

Reactions: FreeFlyNole
DFR-Winning-Techniques-244x300.jpg

I started a couple of threads on this over on WC. There was some good advice in them.

I’m not a very savvy investor but I like to follow world news and the markets. Most things I read put a spin on them one way or another. However I found this short daily newsletter that gets emailed to me every morning. It’s a brief read about what’s going on and a concise market summary with no spin and a little humor. It usually takes about 5 minutes to get through. It’s worth signing up.

Morning Brew get the newsletter here
https://www.morningbrew.com/?kid=bb190b

Do any of you have a daily summary like this you follow that you’ve found to be worthwhile?
Trying to pick stocks based on any daily advice is akin to playing Russian roulette with a 9 MM with a full clip.

Have you ever checked out the Motley Fool? They have done well.

Reactions: FreeFlyNole
If you're looking to get rich quick, I've got no adviCe.

If you're looking to get rich over a lifetime with little risk, do the following:
1) Start early and automatically defer from your check (so you don't ever "have" that cash for other temptations)
2) Transfer money in regular intervals - for me this is simply my 401k every pay period
3) Diversify your holdings - across asset classes, currencies, philosophies (value, growth, core, etc)
4) Don't worry about the downturns - if you're young enough they're actually just a great buying opportunity
5) Avoid the temptation to time the market

Reactions: h-hawk
The market is terrible currently. Unless you have a long term horizon, say 10 years, I'd say the hell away.

I’m not looking for investment advice specifically. Just a nice place to get unbiased overviews. The one I listed is an example. I’ll check the others out. I tend to invest in one pumpkin at a time. So far I haven’t done well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT