ADVERTISEMENT

Investors: (Stock Market, 401 Ks, Real Estate, etc.) How many of you are worse off now than four years ago?

Any adult that desires purchasing a home but hasn’t done so yet is worse off. Homes are off the charts expensive and unattainable for the majority.
This is accurate but I think both Biden and Trump are responsible after pumping the economy during covid. There will be a correction. When all the boomers die off, there will be a home surplus and I predict a drastic decrease in pricing as markets are flooded.

Awww, shoot me a DM if you need a loan little buddy. Sounds like you are really going through it right now
Psst, FYI I'm a multimillionaire. But thanks for your concern. Maybe instead of thinking everything is good, ask the people who are middle to lower class if they are doing good. The rest of us who make good money are just fine. That's why I am upset with the debate last night, people are hurting right now and you don't care enough to want to help them out.

• Haha
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
You're not a fan of positive responses?
Sure I am, but the only people yapping on here aren't hurting for money. They're political views are so skewed they don't understand that people are hurting right now. It's the #1 issue remember.

This is accurate but I think both Biden and Trump are responsible after pumping the economy during covid. There will be a correction. When all the boomers die off, there will be a home surplus and I predict a drastic decrease in pricing as markets are flooded.
re: drastic price decrease, ain't gonna happen (except maybe in undesirable locations). The country keeps growing, housing inventory already in a deficit, old stock will be replaced by new stock, inflation/appreciation is pretty sticky, etc.
But if we do find a period of drastic decreases, we'll all have much bigger problems to deal with (i.e. a deep recession or black swan event).

Sure I am, but the only people yapping on here aren't hurting for money. They're political views are so skewed they don't understand that people are hurting right now. It's the #1 issue remember.
Honestly it feels more like the #1 narrative but I'm not convinced the narrative equals reality.

Are you suggesting that our economy needs deflation to occur?

In comparison to other evolved economies the chasm in compensation levels between the average employee and the top level executives is starkly different. Do you believe it’s healthy to have CEO compensation at a 300+ times their average employee? How about the top 735 wealthiest Americans possessing more wealth than the bottom 50% of US households? That’s a problem unless you’re just a self serving 1%er, nothing healthy about this at all.

The responses on here sound like Facebook posts, about how awesome their lives are and how great their kids are just before picking them up at the Juvie Hall.
Are you a Facebook guy Sharky? I've never been on the site, and never will.

Life happens to people. Get over it
I have nothing to get over. Life is sweet. Love it. Sorry you're struggling. Maybe things will pick up and you'll win the meat raffle at the American Legion, you will make the last payment on your trailer, or Walmart will have twofer cases of Keystone Light. Good times right Cletus??

Last edited:
This. I’m doing okay. I’m not wealthy but I can pay my bills and take a few trips, etc.
I had to start drawing on my 401 also but the market has done well enough that my balance is almost the same.

Exactly. Things have been good for people who haven't needed to withdraw from their retirement accounts, have been steadily employed over the last few years, and have been able to absorb the recent inflation. For others, it hasn't been so great.

Reactions: goldmom and torbee
I have nothing to get over. Life is sweet. Love it. Sorry you're struggling. Maybe things will pick up and you'll win the meat raffle at the American Legion, you will make the last payment on your trailer, or Walmart will have twofer cases of Keystone Light. Good times right Cletus??
Ha ha... not strugglung here. I work with enough of the poor to realize lie happens.

Count your blessings. Some arent earned. Some bad things happen to smart hardworking people.

Reactions: sabula
Those that borrow up to the, suggested by lender, limits on vehicles and homes likely are hurting.

But I say F them. They are stupid.

For those that make low wages, there is no better time to job hop up the unskilled labor ladder. Of course you have to show up to work everyday and pass a drug test. Which seems to very difficult based on what I see where I work.

Reactions: nelly02 and sabula
Those that borrow up to the, suggested by lender, limits on vehicles and homes likely are hurting.

For those that make low wages, there is no better time to job hop up the unskilled labor ladder. Of course you have to show up to work everyday and pass a drug test. Which seems to very difficult based on what I see where I work.
JFC

Be better

Not everyone can be a recovering alcoholic.
That's too bad because people might learn something if they were. They would learn there are plenty of jobs, plenty of affordable housing and food. They would also learn there are few people on the planet that get everything in life they want when they want it. Life isn't Sunday School.

The song and dance about people "hurting" while having an $80k truck and bitching about $3.50 gas for the truck and boat with an ample supply of booze, lung darts or vapes around is getting old. Help the people that are really hurting. I'm all for that.

As much as I despise Trump and MAGA, some of the posts in this thread illustrate how out-of-touch many Democrats have become from the kind of voters they are now depending on to save them from another four years of Trump.

There have only been three times in the last ~100 years where the stock market dropped over the course of a presidency...Hoover (a lot, close to 30%), Nixon (minimal, 1 or 2%), and Dubya (2 or 3%)

Source https://darrowwealthmanagement.com/blog/stock-market-performance-by-president-in-charts/

Stock-Returns-Over-President-Terms.png

w3tyj.jpg

Are you a Facebook guy Sharky? I've never been on the site, and never will.
No. I have zero social media. I was on FB 13+ years ago, but deleted the account because of people and their lives are so great crap, only to find out that they would get divorced a few months later.

Reactions: sabula

The problem is with wages, many cant get into a house now and rents are skyrocketing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharky1203
As an accountant, 50% of the people who are hurting are by their own poor spending choices. I have a client who effectively makes 15k a year and has turned it into a million dollars, compounding returns year after year without dipping into the piggy bank is the way to accumulate wealth. Idiots who overspend is not of concern for me, you give them more they will spend more. They are only living for today and will worry about paying for it tomorrow. Inflation is coming down, while real wages have been higher than inflation for well over a year. Most of the lower incomes wages jumped significantly in 2021. There is still a dearth of quality employees in my area, an individual with a high school degree can easily get in the $17 to $20 an hour range. That is $40k, if married $80k, no offense you should be able to make it work on 80k. Its all the individuals who don't want to work or work as hard as they can yet want to live like they are making over 100k that is the issue.

Exactly. Things have been good for people who haven't needed to withdraw from their retirement accounts, have been steadily employed over the last few years, and have been able to absorb the recent inflation. For others, it hasn't been so great.
If you haven't been steadily employed over the last 4 years, you have no personal drive and are an idiot. If you have not leveraged the huge demand of quality empoyees into higher wages, you are an idiot. If you are withdrawing from retirement accounts you are an idiot. You have either overspent or choose to spend retirement income, paying the tax and the penalty. This isn't rocket science guys.

As an accountant, 50% of the people who are hurting are by their own poor spending choices. I have a client who effectively makes 15k a year and has turned it into a million dollars, compounding returns year after year without dipping into the piggy bank is the way to accumulate wealth. Idiots who overspend is not of concern for me, you give them more they will spend more. They are only living for today and will worry about paying for it tomorrow. Inflation is coming down, while real wages have been higher than inflation for well over a year. Most of the lower incomes wages jumped significantly in 2021. There is still a dearth of quality employees in my area, an individual with a high school degree can easily get in the $17 to $20 an hour range. That is $40k, if married $80k, no offense you should be able to make it work on 80k. Its all the individuals who don't want to work or work as hard as they can yet want to live like they are making over 100k that is the issue.
Okay, so 2 25 year olds are married. 80K after taxes (and etc.) is about 64-66 take home ($5400 a month). Average rent is about 1600 for a decent place to start a family. We are at $3800 now. Average car payment is around $600 a month (2 of them for 2 people driving to work) =$1200. Now we're $2600. Utilities average around $500 a month. Now it's $2100 a month. 2 phones (depending on what provider they use) Verizon is the most common ($220) a month. Now $1700 a month. Insurances (Health/car/renters/etc.) $600+. Now @ $1100. Average 2 person home spends $820 a month in groceries. Now it's $280. I haven't even gotten to credit card bills or gas for the cars. People are hurting. Everything is too damn expensive!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT