ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa’s chances to get into the playoff

the_hermanator

HB Heisman
Jan 22, 2002
I don’t think we have a snowballs chance in hell of making the college football playoff, but just for fun… What would be the events we would need to happen today? I did not think we had a snowballs chance in hell of making the big 10 championship at 2:30 PM last Friday afternoon but here we are.

11am: Baylor to beat Oky St., preferably in an ugly game where neither team looks overly impressive.

3pm: Georgia to soundly beat Alabama. Can’t be 31-28. Has to be 35–17 or something of the sort. Leave no doubt who is better.

3pm: Cinn. loses against Houston. They would be out. Nonpower five team who did not win their conference will never make it.

7pm: Iowa plays the game of its life and beats Michigan with zero doubt.

Again, snowballs chance in hell. But, IF that were to happen,

1.) Georgia is in no matter what
2.) Michigan- not getting in over Iowa
3.) Alabama- would now have two losses and showed they can’t play with and beat Georgia. Still might get in but would probably not. I think 95% of college football fans would prefer Alabama not be there again.
4.) Cincinnati- they would be done with a loss
5.) Oklahoma St. - they would be done with a loss
6.) Notre Dame- they would probably be in, even with all that has happened to them. But they would have the same record as Cincinnati with Cincinnati defeating them on their home field.
7.) Ohio St? Nope. They didn’t even win their side of the conference. This isn’t 2001 Nebraska.
8.) Ole Miss? Nope. They didn’t even win their side of the conference
9.) Baylor: they would be in about the same boat as us. They have a horrible loss. I don’t see the committee picking them over us, more specifically big 12 over B1G if two teams in similar situations.
10.) Oklahoma: See Ole Miss. No chance.
11.) Michigan St. - no chance
12.) Oregon? Long gone.
13.) Big Ten Champion Iowa with a solid defeat of Michigan.

For the last time, snowball’s chance in hell. But Lloyd Christmas acknowledging there is a chance.

THE HERMENATOR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News