ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa -26 1/2

I think Iowa will win comfortably but I would take North Texas and the points. It wouldn't be unexpected for us to have a letdown after such an emotional win and such a physical game.

In addition, North Texas is not the kind of team that will get the players' attention. KF will also try not to run it up on Danny Mac so as not to embarrass his friend.

Reactions: NashvilleHawk
I think we try to rest Beathard for 2 or 3 quarters if we really can.

I would do the same with Canzeri and Daniels and get Mitchell 25 carries.

Sit Ott and play lots of backups as much as we can.

It this can be a laugher, it couldn't come at a better time on the schedule

Reactions: rfgiowa
I think we try to rest Beathard for 2 or 3 quarters if we really can.

I would do the same with Canzeri and Daniels and get Mitchell 25 carries.

Sit Ott and play lots of backups as much as we can.

It this can be a laugher, it couldn't come at a better time on the schedule

Time to play DMX, young receivers, young defensive players

I'd take the 26.5 as this is a classic "trap" game. Coming off a big emotional win, and looking ahead to Wisconsin. gulp...

Beathard will play the entire first half next Saturday against North Texas.
He needs to keep his timing for passes and motivating the team alive.
By sitting out the second half he will be able to get a nice rest.

I'm surprised McCarney hasn't brought that program back. North Texas has a decent history of success. Just north of Dallas, no other C-USA school is located in the middle of such fertile recruiting ground. Add to that a beautiful brand new stadium just built. Considering he brought Iowa St back from the dead, I thought he would at least have brought N. Texas up to level of Marshall or E. Carolina by his 5th year, and maybe even dominating the conference.

I'm surprised McCarney hasn't brought that program back. North Texas has a decent history of success. Just north of Dallas, no other C-USA school is located in the middle of such fertile recruiting ground. Add to that a beautiful brand new stadium just built. Considering he brought Iowa St back from the dead, I thought he would at least have brought N. Texas up to level of Marshall or E. Carolina by his 5th year, and maybe even dominating the conference.
Not as easy to do when you don't have an identifiable in-state rivalry game to trump up and keep the fanbase interested and invested in when they struggle, like he had at Iowa State. McCarney revived the Iowa-ISU rivalry and made that a focal point. Nothing like that at North Texas. Can't motivate his players the same way

Although, now that he's playing Iowa again, we'll see if he attempts to get his players up for this game like he did at ISU.

Reactions: rfgiowa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT