ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa 54th in Total Offense

We woulda won against moo u if defense didn't give up big plays. Much like they did against Troy.
The first part I struggle with, but I was pleased to see the OFFENSE bail out the defense against TROY. I asked for that in another post and they delivered. Now they have 25 years of backlog, so they need to keep doing that.
The first game of the yr felt sooooo good, because both sides delivered. Probably too much to ask that become a regular thing.

Will you stop this nonsense.
b9cab042-d9c6-42f8-9cfc-7e8bd165eb93_text.gif

Lachey has to be frustrated with coming back to hardly any targets at the tightend position. I’m hoping Iowa is saving some sort of spread formations with their wide receivers to spread the field to help the passing game with the tight ends as well as the running game out of the backfield. Keeping Jaz healthy to this point helps in a long and tough B1G schedule.
I don't think he's where he was before the injury and may have lost a step. Even the announcers were saying how his run blocking wasn't where it needed to be.

I don't think he's where he was before the injury and may have lost a step. Even the announcers were saying how his run blocking wasn't where it needed to be.
I hope the coaches aren't saying "let's use Kamari and Jazz as run blockers instead of KJ and LW"
That just seems like a recipe for crippling your smaller backs.

I hope the coaches aren't saying "let's use Kamari and Jazz as run blockers instead of KJ and LW"
That just seems like a recipe for crippling your smaller backs.
Yeah, I have no idea. I don't have enough knowledge to evaluate that even if I had good footage of every play.

I fear we haven’t seen the end of Cade struggling. Nor KF sticking with him, rather than seeing if Sully can provide a spark.

I see that ranking rapidly falling as competition picks up. The talent level from here on out will resemble closer to ISU than Illinois St or Troy. I think Johnson getting 100 yards will be huge as the passing game isn’t there yet….somehow.
Maybe but the competition is picking up for all P4 teams next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT