ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball @ Ohio State

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa travels to Columbus for a three game series. My personal opinion is that Iowa needs to win 2/3 to have viable path going forward to the B1G tournament. If they were to lose the series it is not impossible, but very improbable they get to Omaha.

Iowa will once again face two lefties from Ohio State on Friday & Saturday. Tanner Tully the OSU Friday starter is very good. Tully is only a junior and it feels like he has been there forever.

Friday - CJ Eldred - 5:30pm
Saturday - Tyler Peyton - 2pm
Sunday - TBA - 12pm

Iowa's rotation is once again unsettled as Peyton is back and Sunday is TBA. My guess is if Iowa needs Nick Gallagher on Saturday they will use him and if they don't then he starts on Sunday.

Welp, Iowa is once again getting dominated by a lefty thru 4. Not much else to say except this isn't a top 8 team folks. I've never seen a team this inept at putting together offense against a lefty. I really haven't. You can't tell me we do not have a few guys that can't hit at least .250 or .300 vs a lefty.

Iowa baseball dominates Ohio State today and wins 12-0. For the first time all year, Iowa knocked around a decent left handed starter.

Tyler Peyton was as good as he has been all year. Peyton went 7 IP, allowed 2 H, 2 BB, and had 3 K's. Nick Allgeyer threw two perfect innings getting 3 K's in the process.

Iowa had 19 hits today offensively. Booker was 3-5 with 4 RBIs, Roscetti 2-5 with 2 RBIs, Boe 3-5 with 1 RBI.

Iowa needs to keep it up on Sunday as that is a huge conference game. Iowa should have plenty of pitchers at their disposal too with Mathews, Gallagher, and Erickson.

Iowa loses 3-0 to Ohio State and drops the series. Nick Gallagher struggled in the 1st inning, giving up three runs. For whatever reason, Gallagher has struggled in the 1st inning of the games he has started. Gallagher later left the game with an injury, hope he is alright.

Iowa outhit OSU 10-6, but Iowa hit into an unreal amount of double plays today it seemed.

With the loss, it appears Iowa's path to the B1G tournament is all but gone in my opinion. I believe Iowa would have to go 6-0 or 5-1 in their last six B1G games to make it. I find it unlikely for that to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT