ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Baseball vs St.Louis, Loras

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa has two midweek games this week against St. Louis on Tuesday and Loras on Wednesday. Iowa will start Trenton Wallace on Tuesday and Grand Judkins on Wednesday. Tuesday is $2 Tuesday and you can get $2 game tickets/$2 hot dogs. Tuesday is at 3pm, Wednesday is at 4pm.

SLU has won 10 in a row including a past weekend sweep of Purdue.

For those (like me) who are not interested in braving the 40 degree game time temp, the Saint Louis game is on BTN Plus. No TV for the Loras game.

Iowa falls 7-6 to SLU who has now won 11 in a row.

The story for Iowa is 10 free bases by my count. You give up that many free bases and you are asking to lose. Iowa attempted to mount a rally in the 9th, but you can't expect to get a 3-4 run rally in the 9th. It was nice to see Ben Norman hit a deep 2-RBI double in 9th as he has been struggling at the plate. Kole Kampen also pitched a nice game minus a solo HR. I really like his overall numbers, he has a WHIP near 1.

Which leads me to my other point, a lot of the other guys we have out there have WHIP around 2 and 2.5 which does not cut it. You put that many guys on base, you are asking for a big inning.

This one is going to sting as SLU had an RPI of 214 and it's a home loss at that. It can definitely be made up, but you can't afford too many of these.

Oh and before I forget....BAU right?

Before I forget, I said to myself if Iowa can get Whelan up to bat we will tie it or win. However, we just couldn't manage to get another guy on base after the Norman double.

For those (like me) who are not interested in braving the 40 degree game time temp, the Saint Louis game is on BTN Plus. No TV for the Loras game.
Today's Iowa game will stream online via Hawkeye All-Access, but is it just audio? Or is there video and audio?

UPDATE: I tweeted Iowa Baseball (@UIBaseball) and asked if there were video and audio or just audio; they said there will be both.

Details:

March 21
4:05 pm CT Start time
Loras College at Iowa
Related Link (subscription required): http://hawkeyesports.com/watch/?Live=3806&type=Live

Last edited:
Iowa beats Loras 6-4 on a walkoff 2-run HR by Austin Guzzo. It didn't look like Iowa was going to manage a W today, but scored a total of five runs in the 8th/9th. Grant Judkins through four scoreless innings I believe. As much as Iowa plays these in state schools in baseball, one of them will get Iowa at some point.

Next up a home series vs Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT