ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa baseball

HR All-State
Sep 22, 2011
Iowa City
I know it was fairly nice for mid-January in Iowa City today (sunny & mid 40's), but I was sure surprised to see the Iowa baseball team out practicing this afternoon in baseball pants and long sleeve t-shirts on Duane Banks field. They wouldn't of been able to do that in past years as wet as it was today from all the melting snow, without the new artificial turf field we now have. It was neat to hear the "ting" of the aluminum bats today as I biked by. I hope the Hawks can really make a serious run at the big ten title this year.

Maryland, Nebraska, and Illinois make up the top tier but Iowa certainly has pieces to make some noise.

Iowa Baseball tweeted about them being outside and it's pretty awesome they're able to get outside this early.

It's certainly going to be a tough go to win the B1G this year in my opinion with Maryland, Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana and even Michigan in my opinion. I will also say never count out Minnesota and Ohio State either. The B1G did not do Iowa any scheduling favors either as we see Nebraska, Maryland, and Indiana. Iowa does avoid Illinois this year. The way I look at it, have a success non-conference and hopefully make the B1G tournament. If you can make the tournament, well then anything can happen especially if you get that day one W.

I agree, non-conference is going to be big in bringing confidence prior to conference play. It's amazing how well regarded the conference is compared to even five years ago. Maryland, Illinois, Ohio State, Nebraska, and Michigan are all considered top-50 teams to being the season, something that was unheard until the last few years .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT