ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Football over 23 years in a nut shell

BigTenChamps04

HR All-State
Aug 4, 2019
Iowa football has had the phrase “Preparing to be the best” along the fence of their outdoor practice field for 16 years now.

They have had so many moments where they were “oh so close” but just couldn’t get over the hump.

2005: Iowa is coming off three 10 win seasons and two B1G Ten titles. They have their first Top 10 recruiting class ever and everyone thinks Iowa has officially arrived on the national scene.

Result: 7-5, tough loss after tough loss, locker room lost and a few rough seasons in a row.

2010: Iowa is coming off a BCS Orange Bowl victory and has a loaded team ready to become a national contender!

Result: 8-5. Iowa goes 4-4 in conference and loses their last 3 games on the regular season. Program struggles for the next 4 years.

2021: Iowa football has a strong run, gets to a B1G title game, has a 10 win season, wins 3 bowl games in a row, and starts the season 6-0 with a #2 national ranking.

Result: Iowa Offense is exposed 2 weeks in a row and becomes the Fake ID of college football again:)

KF and Iowa Football just haven’t been able to take that next step for so many years. Makes me very sad. The question is would you rather have a program that consistently finishes 2nd or 3rd in the B1G West and is comfortable or would you want to “roll the dice” and potentially win big but could also lose big?

I think a lot of us are fine with the win totals but absolutely sick of the offense. I think most of us would rather win 8 games a year with a good offense and below average defense versus the other way around.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News