ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Gov. Reynolds requests federal relief for $6 million in Mississippi River flooding damages

River cities in Iowa still haven't figured out how to stop flooding? Seems like I read about millions in damage every few years. JFC! Figure it out and fix the problem. When you have to rebuild your sh*t, move it farther away from the river FFS! It's not rocket science.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
River cities in Iowa still haven't figured out how to stop flooding? Seems like I read about millions in damage every few years. JFC! Figure it out and fix the problem. When you have to rebuild your sh*t, move it farther away from the river FFS! It's not rocket science.

This. And the federal government should put some kind of strings on how that money is used.... "You aren't using federal funds to rebuild your floodplain damages every year, you are using it to put in mitigate or to move sh*t away from the river that floods every damn year.

Disaster relief for VERY hard to prevent events like tornadoes should be treated differently from river flooding.

$6M strikes me as hardly worth going to the Fed for, doesn't it?...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT