ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa hating gods?

General Tso

HR Legend
Nov 20, 2004
AIRBHG was not so subtle in his ways and always struck in the same way. Perhaps there is more than one Iowa hating god lurking in our midst? One focused on basketball but operating in more subtle ways? Perhaps incarnated sometime during certain UNLV game?

200.gif

Reactions: Moral
AIRBHG was not so subtle in his ways and always struck in the same way. Perhaps there is more than one Iowa hating god lurking in our midst? One focused on basketball but operating in more subtle ways? Perhaps incarnated sometime during certain UNLV game?

Curse of Tom Davis

You had the audacity to bring up the UNLV game?!?!?!

Wisconsin just went 4-24 from 3. A minnesota bench player hit twice that many in a game, and an Ohio State player almost hit 4 in 2 minutes. Is it defense or is Iowa the unluckiest team in basketball?

I'm going to say it's the curse of the 3-point shot. It was implemented in 1986-1987 and took down Iowa in the Elite Eight. Iowa hasn't been able to cover 3-point shooters ever since.

The answer to Iowa getting back to the Final Four is to get rid of the 3-point line! 😋

Is it defense or is Iowa the unluckiest team in basketball?
You usually make your own luck as in the harder you work, the luckier you get. That being said, the 3 step travel, then the blind 3 pointer by Frazier at the end of the half was as lucky as it gets. I forget who banked in a straight on 25 footer for *O$U the other night. Kind of lucky to lose a put back after a goal tending call gets reversed...

You’re paranoid dude. Hawks gonna make a run in the tournament.

I'm going to say it's the curse of the 3-point shot. It was implemented in 1986-1987 and took down Iowa in the Elite Eight. Iowa hasn't been able to cover 3-point shooters ever since.

The answer to Iowa getting back to the Final Four is to get rid of the 3-point line! 😋
I wanna get rid of the shot clock, too. I really miss the four-corner, take-the-air-out-of-the-ball, 8 points per half offense. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Eternal Return
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT