ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa lands 2024 RB Xavier Williams

Oddly enough, he wasn’t appreciated when he was here! Supposedly to slow….LOL
I think the pounding and maybe some minor injuries slowed Coker down because he looked faster when he first played in the 2010 Insight Bowl iirc.

But if this new recruit has speed to go with 225 lbs then wow

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Oddly enough, he wasn’t appreciated when he was here! Supposedly to slow….LOL
Not to change the subject, but Coker was remarkably slower as he progressed at Iowa. His freshman year he literally pulled away from DB’s in the bowl game against Missouri a couple times. He was a good back, but if he didn’t get slower, everyone else we played against must have gotten faster.

raw

Not to change the subject, but Coker was remarkably slower as he progressed at Iowa. His freshman year he literally pulled away from DB’s in the bowl game against Missouri a couple times. He was a good back, but if he didn’t get slower, everyone else we played against must have gotten faster.

He probably got over utilized considering the type of back he was. I remember thinking he got a ton of carries.

He was accused of rape, but never charged? Correct?
Thats not my understanding. I thought supposedly he was "present" at the place where an assault took place. He was asked to give a statement on who was involved as a witness, and would not. I remember KF stood behind him 100% and thought the school was railroading him. He was openly upset about the the whole deal. I don't believe that he would have taken that stance, if he thought that Marcus was guilty of the crime himself...

Reactions: Torg
Thats not my understanding. I thought supposedly he was "present" at the place where an assault took place. He was asked to give a statement on who was involved as a witness, and would not. I remember KF stood behind him 100% and thought the school was railroading him. He was openly upset about the the whole deal. I don't believe that he would have taken that stance, if he thought that Marcus was guilty of the crime himself...
Your understanding is not correct.

Your understanding is not correct.
That sure is the way I remember it going down. If he was the supposed perpetrator, why was KF so steadfast in standing behind him? Thats not like him normally. He was VERY clear that he thought Coker was being unfairly treated......The only thing I could dig up said he was investigated for assault at his residense, and that the alleged victim declined to prosecute. Evidently no charges were filed? Did the school basically force him out on a University "code of conduct violation"?

Last edited:
That sure is the way I remember it going down. If he was the supposed perpetrator, why was KF so steadfast in standing behind him? Thats not like him normally. He was VERY clear that he thought Coker was being unfairly treated......The only thing I could dig up said he was investigated for assault at his residense, and that the alleged victim declined to prosecute. Evidently no charges were filed? Did the school basically force him out on a University "code of conduct violation"?
I believe it was Coker that asked for his release, but the school was looking to suspend him.

Apparently, we only have the "facts" given to the public through the media.......................

Reactions: kceasthawk
Always room on a B1G roster for a big RB who likes contact. At 225 lbs this kid actually looks lean with no bad weight to shed and appears most of his weight is in his legs and makes him tough to tackle. The combo of Williams and Brevin Doll in this class could be very good.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT