ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Media Day

People are so afraid to ask Tom questions. Most go and just record it. It's seems like the only ones asking questions are the guys who know him well. We need more Tom tangents not less
Maybe it's time we send sombody from CBS - Cesspool Broadcasting System - to the media events. Folks here not afraid to ask hard questions (stupid or not) or make controversial comments. Might be fun to watch the interactions.

Hawk Central has an interview posted of Abe Assad where he’s pretty open about his frustration with the NCAA handling of the gambling situation. Surprised the frankness made it through the TNT screen.

People are so afraid to ask Tom questions. Most go and just record it. It's seems like the only ones asking questions are the guys who know him well. We need more Tom tangents not less
Funny ! He seemed angry if you ask me but maybe it’s just his personality not like I know the guy.

He gave away nothing as expected. The one thing I found odd was his in depth analysis is on how the refs must signal a 3 point take down. Again even that came across to me as passive aggressive anger.

You cannot argue with the main theme of “opportunities” .

Let the season begin !

"With two of the Ferrari brothers committed to Iowa, is it possible Iowa brings in the oldest brother AJ to fill a spot at 197 lbs?"

Gilman,Ramos, Evans, Nelson Brands, Desanto. Brooks mullet. Not all of them were good looks. Sometimes angry, being a clown etc.
I think you’re conflating behavior on the mat with interviews. E.g. DeSanto rarely gave an interview.

Reactions: el dub
I think you’re conflating behavior on the mat with interviews. E.g. DeSanto rarely gave an interview.

When interviewed, usually after NCAAs, Desanto was very candid about his struggles etc. Ramos and Gilman loved the mic…or at least were not afraid to give their views. Real is that way as well except he is a bit more polished than the other guys.

Remember the one in the OSU room before a dual where he wouldn’t turn his back to the OSU guys warming up because he thought they might purposely roll his legs up and injure him?

My favorite of Gilman’s was the parking lot interview at NCAAs

Yeah, I still don't think clown.
He says what he feels. I don't see anything wrong with that.
He's a unique dude, but that's part of what made him a great wrestler.

2nd smartest guy up in here!
Emmett Low Expectations GIF by The Chi

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
One of my all-time favorite interviews was Desanto after NCAAs in '22. Very rarely do wrestlers(Iowa or anywhere else) open up while on camera. When they do, it usually leads to some awesome interviews.

The “end-of-college-career” interviews with guys are always really interesting. More reflective, and really show the human side. Good chance to put aside team loyalty and appreciate what these guys put themselves through. This one certainly fits that. Marinelli, Max Dean, I-Mar, and others also good watches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT