ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Men 17th in the B1G next year???

Let's not fall for the clickbait. Some of the teams that he has ranked ahead of Iowa literally do not have enough players on their current roster to field a starting 5 at the moment and that's not an exaggeration.
It is absolutely nonsensical to be putting out a list of teams when half of the Big Ten roster's have 5+ open scholarships.

8th or 9th place seems good starting estimate.

This past year was another successful B1G season of 0.500 or better as long at you don't count BTT.

Reactions: SI_NYC
Well, I guess someone has to fill that spot. However, I think Iowa has several players that can get them up into the middle of the pack somewhere.
If our men played in the women’s Big Ten they might finish in the top half of the league. Embarrassingly bad.

Wish I had the gumption to care. Seems like obvious click-bait, but I just simply don't care enough to opine about it.

Fran will likely have the team at .500, or slightly better - and the only reason they won't be better will be because of the same old tired reasons - next B1G regular season and the apologists will keep yelling "See! He just keeps winning!!".

And a year from now, the usual suspects will be lauding Fran for “exceeding expectations” when they finish in 13th place.
Iowa is in a bad place, supposedly can not afford to fire Fran, and can not afford to keep Fran. You guys really need to bite the bullet and fire the guy. If you fall to 17th in this league, CHA will be 2/3 empty.

It doesn’t surprise me because the useless tavern hawks won’t support the team. But they’ll still use the word “we” when talking about the basketball team. While drinking their cheap and crappy Busch Light.

Let's not fall for the clickbait. Some of the teams that he has ranked ahead of Iowa literally do not have enough players on their current roster to field a starting 5 at the moment and that's not an exaggeration.
It is absolutely nonsensical to be putting out a list of teams when half of the Big Ten roster's have 5+ open scholarships.
Owen Freeman alone gets us in the top 12

Reactions: HawkHoops80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT