ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa NIL = Lighting Money on Fire

Kaiser_Soze

Team MVP
Oct 18, 2006
If someone has another viewpoint, let me know. Nick Jackson has been a great addition. But, the 3 other guys that have gotten huge sums of money have been awful investments. I am sure Iowa is not the only school in this boat, but I am not sure how these collectives can expect to see any growth given the disastrous results. Just another chapter in the destruction of CFB.

Reactions: hawkandroll
More than those four are getting NIL. You think Kaleb Johnson is sticking around without some type of package. I don't know for a fact, but more goes into keeping guys here than the portal. The portal is always going to be a crapshoot for Iowa. We aren't going to get the Cam Ward's of the world unless someone comes forward tossing $30 million at our NIL.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
More than those four are getting NIL. You think Kaleb Johnson is sticking around without some type of package. I don't know for a fact, but more goes into keeping guys here than the portal. The portal is always going to be a crapshoot for Iowa. We aren't going to get the Cam Ward's of the world unless someone comes forward tossing $30 million at our NIL.

I am sure KJ is getting something, but I probably should have clarified to refer to guys brought in from other teams. That has been a trainwreck and they are the ones getting the bulk of the funds. If you are giving Iowa's NIL a grade, it definitely is not a good one.

I am sure KJ is getting something, but I probably should have clarified to refer to guys brought in from other teams. That has been a trainwreck and they are the ones getting the bulk of the funds. If you are giving Iowa's NIL a grade, it definitely is not a good one.
Do we know that to be the case? I thought I had read or heard in an interview that the bulk of NIL funds at Iowa are used to retain existing talent.

Reactions: HawkeyeGenius
Overall I'd say B. I base it more than just on football.

I think they did well to bring back Harris, Castro, Higgins, Jackson. Defense really hasn't been the problem though outside of you could say the second half against ISU.

It seems as though they wasted their money on Cade and Brown. I give them a solid C for a grade.

Do we know that to be the case? I thought I had read or heard in an interview that the bulk of NIL funds at Iowa are used to retain existing talent.
No, the truth is the people who donate to the NIL have no idea where exactly the money is going. There is virtually no transparency on the contracts between SWARM and the players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT