ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Poll: Chuck Grassley narrowly leads Mike Franken in US Senate race

Why? DeJear is way better. Reynolds doesn't even plan of finishing out her term.
Economically the state is doing good. Always has been under Kimmy Kat. Until the Dems put up a candidate worth a damn for Governor then maybe I’ll vote for them

Reactions: Speedway1
Economically the state is doing good. Always has been under Kimmy Kat. Until the Dems put up a candidate worth a damn for Governor then maybe I’ll vote for them
DeJear is an amazing candidate. Not just worth a damn but downright inspiring. She is heads and above Reynolds. She beat Reynolds on every issue during their debate. And she beat her not by having better lines or pre packaged zingers. She beat Reynolds simply because she knows the issues better has better solutions.

DeJear is an amazing candidate. Not just worth a damn but downright inspiring. She is heads and above Reynolds. She beat Reynolds on every issue during their debate. And she beat her not by having better lines or pre packaged zingers. She beat Reynolds simply because she knows the issues better has better solutions.
I’m glad you feel that way Huey and hopefully you early voted for her.

I’m glad you feel that way Huey and hopefully you early voted for her.
Oh, I proudly did. Reynolds will win. But Iowa will lose out by passing on DeJear.

Reynolds has a bit of Kirk Ferentz to me. She doesn't seem too concerned that Iowa is stalling out in all these areas but instead keeps talking up the fewer and fewer things that she is still doing well. Our state is definitely not the worse. But under Reynolds it has slid backwards just a little bit with each passing year. And I expect more than that. I expect our head coach to be on top of what we need and give us the tools to get there. I want someone more like Phil Parker. And that is DeJear, imo. She knows the job, can out coach Reynolds, and has a far better pulse of the changing times.

It will be a shame we will lose her.

You've set a pretty low bar if that's your takeaway of Iowa's economic health. We're 44th in the nation for GDP growth and 38th for net migration. Your research must have just been your gut feelings about it.

I know very little about her - she and the state party haven’t done a good job educating the voters about her. She gets my vote because I don’t like large chunks of Kim’s platform - imo the State economy is doing well in spite of her policies.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I know very little about her - she and the state party haven’t done a good job educating the voters about her. She gets my vote because I don’t like large chunks of Kim’s platform - imo the State economy is doing well in spite of her policies.
She's not a great campaigner. But man is DeJear a great candidate. Incredibly knowledgeable, well spoken, highly professional, and results driven.

I doubt it’s even close.

republicans don’t “do polling” at nearly the rate democrats. They hang up/ignore and move on with their lives.

You've set a pretty low bar if that's your takeaway of Iowa's economic health. We're 44th in the nation for GDP growth and 38th for net migration. Your research must have just been your gut feelings about it.
Iowa has an unemployment rate of 2.6%. She is fiscally responsible with a surplus. Love the tax cuts and no state taxes on retirement income. Ranked #1 for economic opportunity by World US news. And there are more items I can regurgitate but you can see I feel like Iowa is moving in the right direction.

There are other items I agree and disagree with her but I like where Iowa is heading economically.

Iowa has an unemployment rate of 2.6%. She is fiscally responsible with a surplus. Love the tax cuts and no state taxes on retirement income. Ranked #1 for economic opportunity by World US news. And there are more items I can regurgitate but you can see I feel like Iowa is moving in the right direction.

There are other items I agree and disagree with her but I like where Iowa is heading economically.
Was it the worst in the nation water quality or her decimating of our once great public schools education system or pitiful mental health infrastructure under her regime that did it for you most?

That surplus came from federal pandemic government funds. But what happens when those federal funds dry up? Between her massive tax cuts and Iowa's lack of revenue generating industries like tourism, we could be in a world of hurt fiscally in the future.

Was it the worst in the nation water quality or her decimating of our once great public schools education system or pitiful mental health infrastructure under her regime that did it for you most?
I Love the Work Based learning she is pushing, The teacher apprenticeship is fantastic also, And I agree with the students first act. Also looks like the public education budget has been increased by $500 milly since 2018.

But I do agree we need to do more on our water quality. That’s why I voted for John Norwood as Iowa secretary of Agriculture instead of Mike Naig

I Love the Work Based learning she is pushing, The teacher apprenticeship is fantastic also, And I agree with the students first act. Also looks like the public education budget has been increased by $500 milly since 2018.

But I do agree we need to do more on our water quality. That’s why I voted for John Norwood as Iowa secretary of Agriculture instead of Mike Naig
Under her watch we have dropped to the mid 20s when we were once 1st or 2nd as she pushes this joke of a school voucher trash down our throats further undermining public schools

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Under her watch we have dropped to the mid 20s when we were once 1st or 2nd as she pushes this joke of a school voucher trash down our throats further undermining public schools
Then vote for double D. I already voted so my vote will remained #unchanged

What were you smokin?

I really have no idea how we will avoid a budgetary crisis after all the federal government money gets spent. Where do we get revenue from? She's drastically cut taxes, we have no tourism, no real industry beyond farming, no large cities. Where's the money come from?

I know very little about her - she and the state party haven’t done a good job educating the voters about her.
Understatement.

I've gone to three events and listened to hear speak. Extremely impressive. I think that she'd make an excellent governor but she's got zero chance of winning. Zero. Hell, I don't think that she can get 45% of the vote.

The Ds were conceding this race from the start.

I really have no idea how we will avoid a budgetary crisis after all the federal government money gets spent. Where do we get revenue from? She's drastically cut taxes, we have no tourism, no real industry beyond farming, no large cities. Where's the money come from?
The answer is simple....volume.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
I don't understand this Franken guys messaging.

"I worked in my dad's small business while in High school, I worked in another small business while in college, I served for 40 years and became a 3 star general, opportunities like that are not available today"

I don't get it, pretty sure if your dad owns a small business you can do that shit fairly easily.

( not to discount becoming a 3 star general but if your a good soldier they don't kick you out)

Reactions: NCHawk5
I don't understand this Franken guys messaging.

"I worked in my dad's small business while in High school, I worked in another small business while in college, I served for 40 years and became a 3 star general, opportunities like that are not available today"

I don't get it, pretty sure if your dad owns a small business you can do that shit fairly easily.

( not to discount becoming a 3 star general but if your a good soldier they don't kick you out)
Yeah that’s pretty stupid. The only real argument could be becoming a general as a white man. That’s now not as easy that the military is moving towards forced diversity.

ADVERTISEMENT