ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa slams the door on Harbaugh and Michigan

SWIowahawks

HB Legend
Sep 2, 2006
Tabor
I hope I can post this since this appears to be a Husker recruiting board. But, Harbaugh called and offered Karan Higdon and Higdon said he is sticking with Iowa.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Congrats on holding on to Higdon.
But since this appears to be a Nebraska recruiting board I would like to put forth the following: Mr. Rogers 2, Mr. walk on water 0 (Jones was already gone).

Harbaugh is being treated like a god. he has not done a thing in the BT, sure he had good run at Stanford but he did it while USC was on probation, UCLA was down, that left him with just Oregon State to compete with, lets see how he does facing these in the same Division that all recruit at the same level

O$U
MSU
PSU

those teams are not going to bow before Michigan because of God's gift to college FB Harbaugh. he may win or he may get fired in 4-5 years just like their last savior Hoke.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

Harbaugh is being treated like a god. he has not done a thing in the BT, sure he had good run at Stanford but he did it while USC was on probation, UCLA was down, that left him with just Oregon State to compete with, lets see how he does facing these in the same Division that all recruit at the same level

O$U
MSU
PSU

those teams are not going to bow before Michigan because of God's gift to college FB Harbaugh.  he may win or he may get fired in 4-5 years just like their last savior Hoke. 
Would you rather have Harbaugh or Kirk Ferentz coach Iowa football from this point forward?

O$U
MSU
PSU

those teams are not going to bow before Michigan because of God's gift to college FB Harbaugh. he may win or he may get fired in 4-5 years just like their last savior Hoke.
This is why people don't take your trolling serious. Its one thing try and say the Pac10 was down then (trolling) another to confuse the Beavers with the Ducks (stupid). Just pick one.

Wait a minute, I thought Oregon, not Oregon State was pretty much the power.
Silly me 2222 you got us again!

He may have said that but one of his coaches post on a Michigan board and said they are working on a visit

I'd hold off on beating your chest on Higdon and beating Harbaugh. Sounds like the kid is making a last minute trip to Ann Arbor as we speak.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this whole thing? Harbaugh strikes me as a "win at all cost" snake, who will do ANYTHING to get results at Michigan.

Last time I checked, college football coaches are paid to win games. If you are into duckies and bunnies, and you feel good because Kinnick was loud, the water tower looked great, the train ride was wonderful, but we still lost the game, then hey, you are a great Iowa football fan.

Guess I'm a little more competitive than that, and expect my $4/million coach to produce a little more.

Originally posted by frydaze:
I'd hold off on beating your chest on Higdon and beating Harbaugh. Sounds like the kid is making a last minute trip to Ann Arbor as we speak.
Obviously with the rumor from one site. In all fairness, he said Michigan offered and he said he told them he is sticking with Iowa as of this morning.

2222 first you confuse Oregon st with Oregon, dumb. Then you make a claim even more stupid about success due to USC being on probation while he was in the pac 10. USC put on probabtion in June of 2010 And 2010 was harbaughs last year at Stanford. So it didn't play as a factor with him at all. Recruits were already signed and reduction for scholrships didn't really start till 2011.

Big difference between Hoke and Harbaugh and you are the only one dumb enough not to see it.

This post was edited on 1/31 5:42 PM by iahawkeyes17

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/08/usc-trojans-will-finally-be-off-ncaa-probation-this-week/

I'm sure he told the Florida school he was a strong commit. Why do we think he won't flip on us? Some kids just don't have a mind that can guide them but let others do it for them.

Good job Hawks on slamming and locking the door on M. Love it.
smokin.r191677.gif

With that said, it'll be tougher in the future. Still feels good though while it lasts.

Originally posted by HawkAttackDial911:
If Harbaugh only lasts 4-5 years that will be for the duration of Higdon's college career. I wouldn't take that bet that Kirk lasts 4-5 more years at Iowa.
Kirk will be here thru the remainder of his contract. Hopefully Barta wont. Our ADs have progressively gotten worse since Bump left.

Don't know how you are saying Iowa slam the door an locked it. The kid got offered this morning. This afternoon got on a plane to michigan

Originally posted by studed:
Don't know how you are saying Iowa slam the door an locked it. The kid got offered this morning. This afternoon got on a plane to michigan
After receiving the offer Karan text Blair and told him about it and said Michigan offered but that he was 100% a Hawkeye. So I started this thread in jest of the two Husker fans starting their threads.

I was responding to big stick 67. On my phone so I couldn't quote who I was responding to. I would doubt that he goes to Michigan. Seems like a last second trip to confirm in his mind Iowa was the correct choice

"After receiving the offer Karan text Blair and told him about it and said Michigan offered but that he was 100% a Hawkeye. So I started this thread in jest of the two Husker fans starting their threads."

Originally posted by N.Legend:
"After receiving the offer Karan text Blair and told him about it and said Michigan offered but that he was 100% a Hawkeye. So I started this thread in jest of the two Husker fans starting their threads."

O$U
MSU
PSU

Harbaugh put Stanford on the map and led the 49ers to 3 straight NFC championship games and 1 super bowl appearance. He's a damn good coach.

I am as die hard of an Iowa fan as they come but to question Jim Harbaugh as a coach is ridiculous. Think about what you are saying! He took over a terrible Stanford program and made them a national power in 3 years. Then goes to 3 straight NFC titles his first three years including a super bowl which has never been done. The forty niners management are idiots and let their egos get in the way.

I hope Iowa is great the next few years but thank god we get a break from playing Michigan next year. They will be incredible in next 2-3 years. Harbaugh is the best along with Saban and urban meyer. I really appreciate Kirk as a coach and hope he turns this thing back around.

I actually think he is going to change some things with the offense and defesne but maybe it is wishful thinking. I think more now then ever Kirk knows its time to make adjustments and it started wtih naming beathard the starter which I am thrilled about!

I won't feel good about Higdon until after we receive his signed Letter of Intent. With our apparent lack of talent at RB he would be a great get.

Originally posted by llabtoof:

I am as die hard of an Iowa fan as they come but to question Jim Harbaugh as a coach is ridiculous. Think about what you are saying! He took over a terrible Stanford program and made them a national power in 3 years. Then goes to 3 straight NFC titles his first three years including a super bowl which has never been done. The forty niners management are idiots and let their egos get in the way.

I hope Iowa is great the next few years but thank god we get a break from playing Michigan next year. They will be incredible in next 2-3 years. Harbaugh is the best along with Saban and urban meyer. I really appreciate Kirk as a coach and hope he turns this thing back around.

I actually think he is going to change some things with the offense and defesne but maybe it is wishful thinking. I think more now then ever Kirk knows its time to make adjustments and it started wtih naming beathard the starter which I am thrilled about!
We get a break from them next year but I'm not looking forward to the 2016 schedule with both Michigan and Penn St on it. And then look at 2017 we play Michigan St, Penn St, Ohio St, Wisconsin and Nebraska. I don't think Kirk will make it past 2017.

This post was edited on 2/2 8:06 AM by Auger

Originally posted by Auger:

Originally posted by llabtoof:

We get a break from them next year but I'm not looking forward to the 2016 schedule with both Michigan and Penn St on it. And then look at 2017 we play Michigan St, Penn St, Ohio St, Wisconsin and Nebraska. I don't think Kirk will make it past 2017.

This post was edited on 2/2 8:06 AM by Auger
I agree Auger I'm thinking 2017 will be KF's last year. The subpar recruiting classes and that schedule will catch up with him.

It's tough to keep up with some of you guys. I thought the talking points were re-alignment stunk b/c now we only got the games we loved for decades infrequently. Now, some start saying it's going to stink when Michigan and PSU get back on the schedule.

Despite the sport that is piling on KF, history(during strong or mediocre years) it's a pretty certain bet that Iowa will stand a fighting chance, the games will be meaningful, hard fought, and ones most anticipate.

Originally posted by cecilB:
It's tough to keep up with some of you guys. I thought the talking points were re-alignment stunk b/c now we only got the games we loved for decades infrequently. Now, some start saying it's going to stink when Michigan and PSU get back on the schedule.

Despite the sport that is piling on KF, history(during strong or mediocre years) it's a pretty certain bet that Iowa will stand a fighting chance, the games will be meaningful, hard fought, and ones most anticipate.
I would take the old Big Ten schedules in a heartbeat with Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, etc.....on the schedule most years. Its a lot of fun (win or lose) when the Buckeyes and Wolverines come to Iowa City.

Originally posted by SWIowahawks:
I hope I can post this since this appears to be a Husker recruiting board. But, Harbaugh called and offered Karan Higdon and Higdon said he is sticking with Iowa.

So Iowa has good recruiters? Harbaugh sucks as a recruiter? Or some kid made his own decision and stuck with it?

Originally posted by Titanhawk2:

So Iowa has good recruiters? Harbaugh sucks as a recruiter? Or some kid made his own decision and stuck with it?
I have no idea what you are getting at.

Originally posted by Titanhawk2:

I have no idea what you are getting at.

I think maybe Titan doesn't get the joke?

Titan, there is a thread started by a Husker, maybe N.Legend? The thread is bragging about how the Huskers slammed the door on Michigan with a recruit that stuck with Nebraska. I assume SW is poking fun at that thread?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT