ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Softball

Drmac22

HR All-American
Nov 21, 2001
Swisher
Well Iowa finished 2-2 in the Iowa Big 4 tourney in Ames, they lost to upper iowa and to UNI.. I predicted UNI would win it all as they have a solid team and they did go 4-0. Not the best showing for the Hawks who have stuff they need to work on. I hope the loss to Upper Iowa was just a fluke. Look forward to seeing them play Kirkwood this week. should be another solid test for this young Hawk team.

Thanks, I would have liked to have gone, but had other things that needed doing :( Two questions: 1, there was a retweet on the SB Facebook page that said the Hawks lost to Drake 7-3 so does that mean we went 1-3; and 2, did Yoways (or anyone beside Starkenburg and Navarrete) pitch at all?

I thought we went 1-3 also:
Drake 3-7
ISU 12-3 (run rule)
UNI 6-8
Upper Iowa 5-8

Yoways piched the ISU game. I know Starkenburg pitched the UNI game. Not sure who had Drake and UI. I'd guess Shayla for Darke since she is the ace and it would make sense for her to have one game each day. So etiher Navarette or Yoways for Upper Iowa.

It's going to be a long year if we do not work the pitching out. Koral Smith is now listed as a 2015 pitching recruit. I wonder if she did not come this year for some reason and will be in next year's class.

My better half will be at the Kirkwood games. Hoping to have some insight next Friday.
This post was edited on 10/6 9:45 AM by SynergyHawk12

She would not be the ace on most power 5 conference teams, however she is our ace by default. Navarette pitched 4.2 innings at a community college last year and Yoways was recruited as a middle infielder. Being the most expereinced she is our ace. Hopefully she'll continue to improve. Yoways threw well verses ISU (or atleast it counds like that) and had some good innings the weekend before. She may be the one to surprise. It sounds like she has a variety of pitches and can move the ball up, down, in and out.

This post was edited on 10/6 9:43 AM by SynergyHawk12

Yep my bad, Sorry, we did lose to Drake too. miss read the score. That makes me even sadder.

It's an Iowa women's sport. The university does not care about the success or failure of an Iowa women's sport. Only that they exist so as to not step on any Title IX toes. True story. I went to Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT