ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State did well at big12's

UNI had both of their guys in the finals, Steier and Lujan, walk away with championships.

Lujan is legit. Other than that the Big 12s are pretty much...

tumblr_othf4bW3MU1udox79o4_r1_540.gifv

Sounds like they are not happy because they don’t give second place trophies. Seriously they are wondering why there isn’t a second place trophy. Now that is funny. And this was their 1 chance. Okie st was basically punting this year plus Dresser has been miserable at recruiting. At least they beat out, barely, UNI this year. That storm is brewing.

Sounds like they are not happy because they don’t give second place trophies. Seriously they are wondering why there isn’t a second place trophy. Now that is funny. And this was their 1 chance. Okie st was basically punting this year plus Dresser has been miserable at recruiting. At least they beat out, barely, UNI this year. That storm is brewing.
Pollard considering a billboard?

Mitch - nah, why would the “bear” need a billboard? I mean they are the “flagship” school in the Hawkeye State. My guess is JP may simply resort to another letter or twitter troll his fanbase again or even revert back to the “whole Big 12 is against us” mantra press conference he did a little while back.

Reactions: MitchLL
I'm surprised the Big 12 is as bad as it is in wrestling (well, sort of) … Seems like Oklahoma made some noise a few years back … but now is just not very good … The best wrestling is definitely in the Big 10 ...

I found ISU's trophy.

c20c63ded5e56b215f1a5069bb579ecc_preview_featured.JPG

Reactions: Spens and ih8iast8
Big 12 definitely pales in comparison to the B1G's depth, but their top guys are pretty damn good.

125: Picc should be top 4, Mackall is a R12 type guy.
133: Sykora and Bridges are both Fringe AA types and Bridges got upset by Mosha Schwartz who looked great and is definitely benefiting from Nickerson as a coach at N. Colorado.
141: Parker and Demas are mid level AA's
149: This was probably the deepest weight. Thomsen took 5th. Lewallen should AA, Degen should also if healthy enough and Pohlmeyer and Alirez are R12 to fringe AA types.
157: Carr is a likely strong AA and Sheets is peaking.
165: Wittlake looks likely to make the Semis, Fogarty is a fringe AA.
174: Steiert is another likely Semi-Finalist, Montonana is a fringe AA and who knows with Joe Smith.
184: Lujan is the front runner with Zahid out. Carlson and Montalvo are R12 likely.
197: Adams is undefeated. Sloan is a fringe AA. Geer has AA'd and Woodley could sneak into a podium spot.
285: Orndorff took 5th! and has some nice wins this season. 4 other guys are top 16ish.

There isn't a fair comparison to the B1G and never will be, but the Big12 is alot better than it was the last few seasons before they merged with what was left of the WWC and UNI.

Big 12 definitely pales in comparison to the B1G's depth, but their top guys are pretty damn good.

133: Sykora and Bridges are both Fringe AA types and Bridges got upset by Mosha Schwartz who looked great and is definitely benefiting from Nickerson as a coach at N. Colorado.
149: This was probably the deepest weight. Thomsen took 5th. Lewallen should AA, Degen should also if healthy enough and Pohlmeyer and Alirez are R12 to fringe AA types.
174: Steiert is another likely Semi-Finalist, Montonana is a fringe AA and who knows with Joe Smith.
184: Lujan is the front runner with Zahid out. Carlson and Montalvo are R12 likely.
197: Adams is undefeated. Sloan is a fringe AA. Geer has AA'd and Woodley could sneak into a podium spot.
285: Orndorff took 5th! and has some nice wins this season. 4 other guys are top 16ish.

There isn't a fair comparison to the B1G and never will be, but the Big12 is alot better than it was the last few seasons before they merged with what was left of the WWC and UNI.

Congrats, you get a ribbon as well.

turd-polisher-award-ribbon-640x533.jpg

That doesn't fit the narrative. Big Ten great, everyone else bad.

That doesn't fit the narrative. Big Ten great, everyone else bad.

Lujan is legit, other than that none of the Big 12's top guys would even make it to the B1G championship match, maybe Picc. Most wouldn't even be wrestling in the 3/4 match.

My post was only laughing at ISU fans being pissed there wasn’t a second place trophy. Obviously everyone knows there are a handful of decent wrestlers in the entire conference. Lujan is very good as is Steiert and Picc. We shall see about Carr (think he is a stud but young) amd Degen who I really like but may not be healthy. But overall comparing the Big 10 to the Big 12 in wrestling is like comparing the SEC to the Patriot League in college football especially this year with Okie St punting.

Lujan is legit, other than that none of the Big 12's top guys would even make it to the B1G championship match, maybe Picc. Most wouldn't even be wrestling in the 3/4 match.
Adams and Carr would have a shot and don’t sleep on Boo at nationals. So I would say 4 or 5 could have made it to the finals of the Big Ten. Now winning it is a different story

Reactions: MitchLL
Funny stuff. I like your confidence.
Picc seems like an obvious choice.

Carr would be favored over everyone not named Deakin.

Lujan might win the whole damn thing.

Adams is ranked second in the county.

And Boo is my dark horse at 149 to upset the apple cart at nationals.

So yea, 4 or 5 big 12 guys could make the finals of the big ten tournament. Never said they would win it

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Picc seems like an obvious choice.

Carr would be favored over everyone not named Deakin.

Lujan might win the whole damn thing.

Adams is ranked second in the county.

And Boo is my dark horse at 149 to upset the apple cart at nationals.

So yea, 4 or 5 big 12 guys could make the finals of the big ten tournament. Never said they would win it

Adams has wrestled literally nobody this season. Nice record, courtesy of Big 12. He got rolled by Schultz last year at nattys.

Boo isn't getting past Lugo or Sasso. Sorry.

Picc barely beat Mackall and like Adams has wrestled barely anybody outside of getting killed by Lee. He wouldn't be automatic even over Schroder.

I could see two getting into the B1G finals, Lujan and Carr. Lujan could win the whole thing. Carr would get beat by Deakin again.

Mitch - nah, why would the “bear” need a billboard? I mean they are the “flagship” school in the Hawkeye State. My guess is JP may simply resort to another letter or twitter troll his fanbase again or even revert back to the “whole Big 12 is against us” mantra press conference he did a little while back.

No, crybaby Jamie will go with another billboard. I mean the clowns finally beat Iowa in women’s tennis for the first time since 1976 last week.

That will show us who the boss is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT