ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Versus Michigan: The Chicken Factor

Ripcord280

HR All-State
Aug 30, 2016
in the skydiving industry (exp. for new jumpers) there is something called The Chicken Factor. Basically what it means is that when an experienced jumper "recruits" a handful of potential newbies (from his place of employment or wherever) to jump, he has to consider that a certain percentage of them (usually about 25%) will "chicken out" and decide not to go through with the jump once they realize how scared they get.

With that as background, what do you guys really feel the chances are that Michigan will show up in Iowa City this weekend, or will they, like 25% of wannabee skydivers, succumb to The Chicken Factor?

in the skydiving industry (exp. for new jumpers) there is something called The Chicken Factor. Basically what it means is that when an experienced jumper "recruits" a handful of potential newbies (from his place of employment or wherever) to jump, he has to consider that a certain percentage of them (usually about 25%) will "chicken out" and decide not to go through with the jump once they realize how scared they get.

With that as background, what do you guys really feel the chances are that Michigan will show up in Iowa City this weekend, or will they, like 25% of wannabee skydivers, succumb to The Chicken Factor?
Chicken Factor - No
Want a bad season to be done - Maybe
Covid Issues - Most likely

My impression is that Michigan will approach the game much like Nebraska did when they faced Iowa ... it's their last chance to NOT look like dog-crap.

My guess is that we get Michigan's very best shot.

Iowa will be favored ... and likely by a margin. This will serve as motivation to the "slighted" Wolverines.

My impression is that Michigan will approach the game much like Nebraska did when they faced Iowa ... it's their last chance to NOT look like dog-crap.

My guess is that we get Michigan's very best shot.

Iowa will be favored ... and likely by a margin. This will serve as motivation to the "slighted" Wolverines.

Have to agree with you as I don’t think they will back out as long as they keep their team somewhat healthy Covid free .. will see though if we start hearing rumblings out of Annie Arbor early in the week it’s probably the kiss of death

You guys may be a bunch of quitters, but every team is full of Division-1 athletes. They didn't get there by quitting on a season.
The players aren't the ones backing out. It's Harbaugh and Manuel. I just can't give them the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: mtown66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT