ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs. Iowa State football series extended through 2025

Apr 8, 2003
IOWA CORN CY-HAWK SERIES EXTENDED THROUGH 2025

IOWA CITY, Iowa - - The University of Iowa and Iowa State University have extended the contract that will ensure the Hawkeyes and Cyclones compete in the annual Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series football game through the 2025 season. The joint announcement was made Monday by Gary Barta, Henry B. and Patricia B Tippie Director of Athletics Chair, and Jamie Pollard, director of athletics at Iowa State.

Iowa and Iowa State have played annually since resuming the series in 1977 in Iowa City. The teams first met in 1894, with Iowa holding an overall 44-22 advantage in the all-time series. The Hawkeyes claimed a 13-3 win last season in Kinnick Stadium, and visit Ames on Sept. 14, 2019 (3 p.m. CT, FS1).

The latest extension calls for the teams to meet in Iowa City on Sept. 7, 2024, and in Ames on Sept. 6, 2025. All terms of the previous contract are unchanged.

I think the losing team should have to take the old trophy...god what a disaster that was
this-trophy-will-actually-be-given-to-a-football-team.jpg

Playing a P5 team isn't a schedule problem. It's playing a UNI.

I'm not a fan of the FCS teams on the schedule. But I get having the 2 non power 5 games a year. EVERY team plays least 1 (only 5 teams had less than 2 last year). Most ACC and SEC schools play 3 a year including Alabama who has had 3 non power 5 teams on it's schedule since 2010.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
IOWA CORN CY-HAWK SERIES EXTENDED THROUGH 2025

IOWA CITY, Iowa - - The University of Iowa and Iowa State University have extended the contract that will ensure the Hawkeyes and Cyclones compete in the annual Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series football game through the 2025 season. The joint announcement was made Monday by Gary Barta, Henry B. and Patricia B Tippie Director of Athletics Chair, and Jamie Pollard, director of athletics at Iowa State.

Iowa and Iowa State have played annually since resuming the series in 1977 in Iowa City. The teams first met in 1894, with Iowa holding an overall 44-22 advantage in the all-time series. The Hawkeyes claimed a 13-3 win last season in Kinnick Stadium, and visit Ames on Sept. 14, 2019 (3 p.m. CT, FS1).

The latest extension calls for the teams to meet in Iowa City on Sept. 7, 2024, and in Ames on Sept. 6, 2025. All terms of the previous contract are unchanged.
U of I says to Iowa fans:

"Got eem" :cool:

I think the losing team should have to take the old trophy...god what a disaster that was
this-trophy-will-actually-be-given-to-a-football-team.jpg
Nobody listens to me. I explained this a long time ago. Iowa has the only stadium in America named for a Heisman Trophy winner, and he died in service to his country. ISU has the only P-5 stadium in America named for an African-American player, and he died of injuries suffered in a game. You have a trophy with Kinnick and Trice standing on a football field shaking hands.

But they don't listen. They just don't listen......

Hot take incoming...

Good. As much as I like to trash them, Campbell is improving them, to the point that it's no longer a lose-lose situation for Iowa. They might be able to up our SOS a bit if they continue their upward trend, and as long as we keep beating them, that's a solid win to put on our resume.

Nobody listens to me. I explained this a long time ago. Iowa has the only stadium in America named for a Heisman Trophy winner, and he died in service to his country. ISU has the only P-5 stadium in America named for an African-American player, and he died of injuries suffered in a game. You have a trophy with Kinnick and Trice standing on a football field shaking hands.

Sometimes the simplest solutions are missed by people...

They would have to be standing in a field of corn though to satisfy the big lobby that is Iowa Corn.

Reactions: Lone Clone
Hot take incoming...

Good. As much as I like to trash them, Campbell is improving them, to the point that it's no longer a lose-lose situation for Iowa. They might be able to up our SOS a bit if they continue their upward trend, and as long as we keep beating them, that's a solid win to put on our resume.
A man with common sense....nice to see on here!!
Now if we can just get you to change your name! :D

ISU fans are chirping about how their stud qb will give them the edge against us. Funny, they said the exact same thing about kyle kempt and jacob park . . . and joel lanning.

If i had a nickel every time ISU had a heisman-hopeful qb start the season only to struggle, get benched, and inevitably replaced by another heisman-hopeful qb.

Instead of shaking hands, suggest that, together they give Minnesota the finger. Instant sell.

ISU fans are chirping about how their stud qb will give them the edge against us. Funny, they said the exact same thing about kyle kempt and jacob park . . . and joel lanning.

If i had a nickel every time ISU had a heisman-hopeful qb start the season only to struggle, get benched, and inevitably replaced by another heisman-hopeful qb.
You would definitely have three or four nickels, which -- in view of the fact you're a Hawkeye -- is probably a pretty good living.

Seriously, you are correct.

Or we could be true to the times when the played, and have Jack on the ground with Nile stomping him.

That would be more of a metaphor of the current times, Iowa stomping Iowa State. I don’t believe Nile would stomp a player because of his skin color.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT