ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa was among just five states that did not receive statewide funding through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s $7 billion Solar for All

THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
https://www.bleedingheartland.com/2...al-grant-for-residential-solar/#comment-26808

As a state, we have been slow to develop a framework for community solar generally, and distributed and low-income community solar in particular. Rather than use this program as an opportunity to catch up to leading states and develop a strong policy framework, the Iowa application adopted a utility-driven approach that would not create a pathway for solar deployment beyond the grant. If Iowa does not want to lose its place as a clean energy leader and lose out on high quality clean energy jobs, this should serve as a wake-up call to change our approach.

Reynolds like to own the libs by costing us money. Typical Republican.
441521841_1001919517967539_931209726495960249_n.jpg

My understanding is that individual cities were also able to apply for funding. Des Moines and Iowa City both have Democratic mayors. Did they apply for grants?

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
The other 4 states were Deleware (21), Kansas (25), Oklahoma (43), and Alabama (44). Not exactly great company there.

The 5 states ahead of Iowa all opted into this program, including #3 Nebraska accepting $92 Million.
And?

My understanding is that individual cities were also able to apply for funding. Des Moines and Iowa City both have Democratic mayors. Did they apply for grants?
Good question…anyone know the answer?

Democratic mayors? They are non-partisan. TJ u r in dumb phuque sometimes. The current mayor (Boeson) has been in office about 2 months…the previous mayor (Cownie) no one knew what he was, but the cownie family were right side of the aisle (Ray supporters) if memory serves me correctly. But material elections in DSM are non-partisan.

Cockroaches will survive a nuclear holocaust. Stolen_valor_4_a _Day is HORT's cockroach.

I missed the guy. I'm glad I get to unretire rickygervaislaugh.gif!
Isn’t this like the “bad behavior” I keep getting banned for when I say baddies about joey b?

Democratic mayors? They are non-partisan. TJ u r in dumb phuque sometimes. The current mayor (Boeson) has been in office about 2 months…the previous mayor (Cownie) no one knew what he was, but the cownie family were right side of the aisle (Ray supporters) if memory serves me correctly. But material elections in DSM are non-partisan.
City elections are technically “nonpartisan” but people are people and the candidates have political affiliations. Cownie is/was a Democrat, dumb phuque.

Reactions: TylerJ23
Isn’t this like the “bad behavior” I keep getting banned for when I say baddies about joey b?
Yeah, I give you less than a week before you start showing your supposed tough guy traits, you're fooling no one. Add to it your incessant need to post drivel and start the most clichéd posts that spam the board.

Bottom line, you suck, we all know it, and we'll call that out on the daily.
The Truth Reality GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

City elections are technically “nonpartisan” but people are people and the candidates have political affiliations. Cownie is/was a Democrat, dumb phuque.
As a voter, you would never know it..9other than in DSM Dems are a majority…and political affiliation is unknown..elections are non-partisan….However, all candidates are assholes….. because they all have one (your logic). Do you know for a fact Cownie is a Dem? Personal friend?
You are truly a wise man…TJ teach me your ways!

As a voter, you would never know it..9other than in DSM Dems are a majority…and political affiliation is unknown..elections are non-partisan….However, all candidates are assholes….. because they all have one (your logic). Do you know for a fact Cownie is a Dem? Personal friend?
You are truly a wise man…TJ teach me your ways!
Link
Also, link
Here’s another link

Last edited:
Every dollar that programs like this save consumers on energy, is another dollar spent locally on goods and services, driving the economic GDP upwards for years to come.

Every dollar that programs like this save consumers on energy, is another dollar spent locally on goods and services, driving the economic GDP upwards for years to come.
Most of the dollars, maybe. But not every dollar. Many of the dollars saved by those consumers will get spent on online purchases - Amazon, eBay, and whatnot - and will end up leaving the state anyway. Or they might decide to use some of their bonus discretionary income to take the family on a weekend excursion to Chicago or Minneapolis or Kansas City.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Most of the dollars, maybe. But not every dollar. Many of the dollars saved by those consumers will get spent on online purchases - Amazon, eBay, and whatnot - and will end up leaving the state anyway. Or they might decide to use some of their bonus discretionary income to take the family on a weekend excursion to Chicago or Minneapolis or Kansas City.
That train left the station several days ago, TJ. Iowa can even save its water.. why would folks come to Iowa (stay in Iowa) to spend a vacation? Buyers habits (on-line) changed America years ago. It’s important to circulate money, though. Works a helluva lot better than “trickle down”…

FUNFACT: Those online purchases STILL contribute to our GDP.
So if a resident of Davenport makes an online purchase of $500 from a company in California, that adds $500 to Iowa’s GDP? Because all this time I thought it added $500 to California’s GDP.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
So if a resident of Davenport makes an online purchase of $500 from a company in California, that adds $500 to Iowa’s GDP?
You were just admitting that MUCH of the money would be spent locally.

I'd never stated 100% was going to benefit ONLY Iowa.
Your example STILL contributes to US GDP.

It seems that just because something "might" benefit more than just "Iowa", we cannot possibly allow that, because CA is "full of liberals"....

I'd never stated 100% was going to benefit ONLY Iowa.
Your example STILL contributes to US GDP.
How do you reconcile that statement with this one?:

Every dollar that programs like this save consumers on energy, is another dollar spent locally on goods and services, driving the economic GDP upwards for years to come.”

How do you reconcile that statement with this one?:

Every dollar that programs like this save consumers on energy, is another dollar spent locally on goods and services, driving the economic GDP upwards for years to come.”

OK, then. It won't help local or national growth, if that's what you want to hear.
But that is 100% false, and you know it.

Hmm… certain people around here continue to say solar isn’t ready for prime time and petrochemical reliance isn’t such a terrible option. I think @SolarHawk has to love those charts above, cha ching!

Technically IC doesn’t elect a mayor. More of a Pythonesque committee with a rotating head…
I don’t know why more programs aren’t getting off the ground. I will say there has been a push against a program in JoCo, and a proposal by a large company from Florida that wanted to fill up the site of the former Duane Arnold nuclear plant site was met with fierce opposition. Why? It was a nuclear plant but local and state officials didn’t want a massive vacant area filled with panels for some reason.
Stunning considering how much money wind puts into the pockets of rural landowners in Iowa.

Green energy isn’t very green.

The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)’s official projections assert that “large amounts of annual waste are anticipated by the early 2030s” and could total 78 million tonnes by the year 2050. That’s a staggering amount, undoubtedly. But with so many years to prepare, it describes a billion-dollar opportunity for recapture of valuable materials rather than a dire threat. The threat is hidden by the fact that IRENA’s predictions are premised upon customers keeping their panels in place for the entirety of their 30-year life cycle. They do not account for the possibility of widespread early replacement.

The totality of these unforeseen costs could crush industry competitiveness. If we plot future installations according to a logistic growth curve capped at 700 GW by 2050 (NREL’s estimated ceiling for the U.S. residential market) alongside the early-replacement curve, we see the volume of waste surpassing that of new installations by the year 2031. By 2035, discarded panels would outweigh new units sold by 2.56 times. In turn, this would catapult the LCOE (levelized cost of energy, a measure of the overall cost of an energy-producing asset over its lifetime) to four times the current projection. The economics of solar — so bright-seeming from the vantage point of 2021 — would darken quickly as the industry sinks under the weight of its own trash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT