ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB prediction

hawkod

HR All-State
Apr 6, 2007
So tired of the posts of those who say CC isn't worthy of her accolades because she hasn't won a National Title.
I'm going on record with predicting they'll be back in the Final four. I think we (and Ohio State) could beat South Carolina.
Carolina might have 'the best players', but we have more minutes of experience in the Final Four of any team in the country.
Stay strong, stay loose; you can win it all!

I feel like the women's game in general has more potential for a "bad loss" for any given good team, as the scores tend to be higher and the pace is often more frenetic. (Maybe it is just Iowa that plays this way, I really don't watch that many other women's games.) But when you come down the floor with with 30 seconds to shoot, which isn't a lot, and then launch a shot within 8-10 seconds with frequency, there are going to be more opportunities for the other team to get back in the game, IMO.

I do think Iowa has the potential to have another very deep run, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see them bow out a round or two earlier if their shooting isn't there. I think once you get down to the last 10-12 teams alive that there is a lot of parity, with SC being the only squad that stands a little taller than about the next 10 teams. FWIW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT