ADVERTISEMENT

IOWA Women vs UConn in Phil Knight Legacy Tournament over Thanksgiving?

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Iowa's 4 team bracket will include Duke, Oregon State and UConn. Games will be on Nov 25 and Nov 27.

The announcement from Iowa:

WOMEN'S BASKETBALL / FEBRUARY 15, 2022

IOWA SLATED TO PLAY IN PHIL KNIGHT LEGACY TOURNAMENT​

PORTLAND, Ore. – University of Iowa women’s basketball will compete in the 2022 Phil Knight Legacy College Basketball Tournament on Nov. 25 and 27 in Portland, Oregon, to honor Phil Knight and his contribution to college basketball.

Hosted by Rip City Management, LLC, the Phil Knight Legacy will feature Iowa, Duke, Oregon State and UConn in the women’s field.

Each team will play one game per day in the bracket-style format. Games will be held inside the Chiles Center at University of Portland, Rose Quarter’s Moda Center and Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

Ticket information, schedule and brackets will be announced at a later date.

I said it after the tourney game. Iowa and UConn needed to set up a 2 game series for Clark and Bueckers Jr and Sr seasons. Give fans a chance to see them go at it at each others venue. I guarantee Carver would be full or close to for this game. I'm glad this matchup will happen but instead of watching on each school's campus it will be at Nike U instead thousand plus miles away. Other part 2 if they would have scheduled a game could've set up date and time to get some good amount of attention. Games will be over Thanksgiving weekend where there will be tons of football games getting all the headlines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT