ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's Offense: 40th Overall, 50th in Scoring

That ranking is going to drop fast!!
I would beg to differ. The Iowa offense you saw in the second half is just the beginning. With a healthy Cade and a decent O-line--made better by a mobile QB--a stable of RBs, emerging wide receivers, and excellent TEs . . . well, that's a pretty solid group. And Iowa now has an actual OC and QB coach, so the Hawkeyes are for real. Like it or not.

this ranking is pretty much as high as i dared to wish/hope for iowa and lester hits it game one? in the past we've usually ranked worse on total offense than scoring offense. unusual to see these flipped in the kf era.

i still don't feel like we moved the ball as predictably as a #40 offense should but this opinion is only based on eyetest. anybody know how many yards we averaged on first down?

My concern is what happens when KF comes back? I've long held him accountable for our offensive woes and our game without him yesterday only emboldens my stance. We gotta keep this up going forward and I just hope KF doesn't get in his own way like he always seems to do offensively.

There's reason to be optimistic here but it can go away as soon as next week against a supposedly sub par defense. A lot is riding on this next game outside of just who the opponent is.

• Haha
Reactions: eyesofhawk
Early indications are getting rid of Brian was the right move. The captain would never do it on his own, so good move by the AD.

Yep, played an FBS team, gave up 7 points.

You're tied with Nebraska, but then Nebraska pulled the starters in the 3rd quarter.

We're really at a point where Nebby fans are bragging about beating UTEP. And then, as if that wasn't enough, they come to the board of a team that has beaten them 7 of the last 9 times (I think that's right), including the most recent game, to choose to do it?

Well, I mean I guess I get it but wow. Just, yeah, wow.

You and eyesofhawk really need to meet. Those conversations would be absolutely enlightening to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT