ADVERTISEMENT

IPhone 14 Pro Max - Which Color Should I Get

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
I'm down to the Deep Purple or Space Black. Can't see them in person. Anyone here with either color? I'm pretty confident I can live with the Space Black but the Deep Purple looks good on my monitor. Plus I'm a Deep Purple fan from waaaay back.

Which is to say that I'd like to get the Deep Purple if I knew it would be nice. Otherwise it could be several years worth of annoying if it ends up being cheesy. Whereas the Space Black is safe.

Help me out HROT.

TIA

I like the deep purple the best.

For everyone's reference:

screen-shot-2022-09-07-at-2-11-25-pm-2.jpg

If you're going to put a case on it, and you should, the color doesn't really matter much.
Fair point, but I go for thin, clear cases, or none at all.

I don't drop things. It's my superpower. Sadly, it's my only superpower. And with advancing old age, maybe not for long.

Then again, which color would look better through a clear case? Especially as the case yellows. Yellow-tinted purple?

Reactions: TennNole17
For best potential resale, I think you want something standard like grey.

I went with the space black iPhone 14 Pro.. just got it yesterday. Not that this is a factor to you, but I chose the Pro model over the Max and the standard because it is the slimmest of the 14’s. Fits like a glove in the golf cart cup holder and easier to operate with one hand, makes whacking the Johnson easier.

Reactions: QChawks
I played it safe and got the Space Black. I'm sure it will be fine. But I feel a little like a coward.

Seems like anything non-trivial that I buy lately I have regrets. Buyer's remorse when I buy, returner's remorse if I return, and now even color remorse.

I should stop buying things.

according to a study someone did, the best resale value is gold so that’s what I went with.

Hey. My 2 cents to update the thread. If you're a fan of Deep Purple and it looks awesome on your screen, then go for it! It's always cool to have a color that you love. But I totally get your worry about it potentially looking cheesy. It's hard to say for sure without seeing it in real life. I also heard that iPhones are not worth it, check out their explanation. So, it's up to you. On the other hand, Space Black is a classic and safe choice. It's sleek and timeless, so you really can't go wrong with it. If you're confident you'll be happy with it, then that might be the safer option. Ultimately, it's all up to you and what you like. Maybe you can check out some reviews or unboxing videos online to get a better idea of how the Deep Purple actually looks.

Last edited:
I'm still on the 12... but considering the 15 when it comes out in about 6 weeks.

Still rocking the XR and loving it. Battery is dying off a bit but I use my phones until they no longer work. I used to be one who had to get the newest phone. Now I hold out as long as I can. No reason a phone should cost as much as it does. I really don’t understand why you have to get a case and screen protector on top of that.

I don’t have to buy shoes and then buy separate shoe strings. Or buy a car but have to buy the hood, bumpers or fenders separately.

Hey. My 2 cents to update the thread. If you're a fan of Deep Purple and it looks awesome on your screen, then go for it! It's always cool to have a color that you love. But I totally get your worry about it potentially looking cheesy. It's hard to say for sure without seeing it in real life. I also heard that iPhones are not worth it, check out their explanation.
Link?

Hey. My 2 cents to update the thread. If you're a fan of Deep Purple and it looks awesome on your screen, then go for it! It's always cool to have a color that you love. But I totally get your worry about it potentially looking cheesy. It's hard to say for sure without seeing it in real life. I also heard that iPhones are not worth it, check out their explanation.

Eff you, Bot!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT