ADVERTISEMENT

Ironside podcast

All of the guys back in the 90’s just got pounded on starting out. I wonder how much better Spencer would be, if he had come up through the ranks back then. Would the Brand Brothers, Ironside and the like have pounded Spencer?

All of the guys back in the 90’s just got pounded on starting out. I wonder how much better Spencer would be, if he had come up through the ranks back then. Would the Brand Brothers, Ironside and the like have pounded Spencer?
Back in the day? I dont think there is even a question.

Back in the day? I dont think there is even a question.
I would concur.
However, style has changed so much along with how matches are officiated.
How did wrestling morph into what it is today vs. what it was like?
The reason the old stories are so good, IMHO, is because the pace and action were so different.
The main reason Spencer would have a harder time back then is his gas tank. Then again he’s never been healthy.
No intent to be digging at SL. Lee is great and has done so much for our program. It’s just meant to be a good topic about wrestling, which is what this blog is supposed to be about. I think?

Cool podcast, thanks for sharing. Some friendly feedback to the host / Ironside - the audio quality could use some improvement. (Particularly Ironside's microphone).
He was on speakerphone while driving to his daughters softball game which is why the audio wasn’t great. Not bad for recording over the phone.

Enjoyed listening to the podcast as well. I have always enjoyed listening to Ironside though too.

If you could take his intensity and bottle it...you could be a billionaire.
I met him on a couple different occasions after he was done wrestling. Great guy. One of those occasions he was the "Captain" of our Fantasy League draft at a bar the night before NCAA's in St. Louis (forget the year, long time ago). Don't recall the exact amount, but want to say each Team put in $500. Anywhere from 2 to 5 guys per Team. Ironside was a lousy "Captain" that particular year, we didn't win shit! Ha!

Many of you would recognize the names of a lot of former DI wrestlers who participated in those Fantasy NCAA Drafts. Good times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT