ADVERTISEMENT

Is anybody else extremely concerned about our QB vs Miss St?

Northwestern played Iowa without 2 starting corners and a starting safety. How’d we take advantage of that again? 10 points.
and that actually has what impact on the upcoming game?

I was replying to a comment about msu’s dbs being their weakest link. I said that Iowa didn’t capitalize when playing Northwestern even against 3/4 of their 2nd team defense. Northwestern’s defense is 63rd in the country this year. MSU’s is #1. So, I’m saying that I’m not sure how Iowa will take advantage of MSU’s dbs being their weakest link when Iowa didn’t take advantage of the 2nd string defense of Northwestern.

You're claiming this season was a big "What could've been season" while hoping we don't get embarrassed in a bowl game. Do you think this team is good or bad? Mixed signals post...make up your mind.
What difference does it make how good I think this team is? They were given every opportunity to win the west and shit it down their leg. Every.Single.Time. It’s pretty clear what I’m “claiming”. Don’t get embaressed by the SEC yet again and end the season on a high note.

Our record in bowl games isn't good for two reasons. The coaching staff gets the very most out of the talent we have which means our record is as good as possible, The second reason is Iowa has loyal fans that travel great. This means we end up over our heads in bowl games.

Reactions: Tim Dodge Rules
I was replying to a comment about msu’s dbs being their weakest link. I said that Iowa didn’t capitalize when playing Northwestern even against 3/4 of their 2nd team defense. Northwestern’s defense is 63rd in the country this year. MSU’s is #1. So, I’m saying that I’m not sure how Iowa will take advantage of MSU’s dbs being their weakest link when Iowa didn’t take advantage of the 2nd string defense of Northwestern.
So cross your fingers :)

Reactions: HocDawk
Stanley wil cost us the game, much like the Penn State game

The Blame Game.

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he starts to blame somebody else.

npqv5u.jpg

my main concern is he seems to lack vision beyond about 30 yds and he seems to not be too mobile and he seems to throw the int when he could throw it away. other than that he is fine. seriously though, he is not mobile enough for my taste but he's ok. he isn't joe montana but he's ok. sometimes he just throws a perfect pass, beautiful. usually to a tight end. hopefully there are a lot of those passes.
Uhh I'd say he's pretty mobile for 6'6" 250

The whole "we were 3 plays away from 11-1" talk is really dumb and pointless.
I could probably find 3 plays in some our wins that, if gone the other way, might have resulted in Ls.

Fact is, Iowa beat all crap teams this year. No good wins.
Poster above had a good point about our bowl performances - coaches get the most out of our team, and we travel well, putting us against a better team.

So, I dunno.
Sounds like Iowa's D might keep em in this.
Good QBs put their teams in positions to win. Will our QB?

Oh, and Hock is Nate's favorite target by far.

Uhh I'd say he's pretty mobile for 6'6" 250
his stats don't show it. my buddy is a big nfl fan and a buffalo bills fan and he's from buffalo and he watched the bowl last year with me and he said something like, "jeez that guy isn't very mobile".... ha ha.

I could probably find 3 plays in some our wins that, if gone the other way, might have resulted in Ls.

Poster above had a good point about our bowl performances - coaches get the most out of our team, and we travel well, putting us against a better team.

So, I dunno.

I see the D getting worn down eventually and it being much like the Wisconsin game.

It seems us Hawkeye fans are doing a pretty good job of refusing to think about the liability our QB has become.
Everything about this game points to disaster:
-Big stage (even tho an exhibition game)
-Toughest D yet
-Shrinking confidence (if there was even any there to begin with)
-Diminishing accuracy (if there was even any there to begin with)

Please give me something to remain hopeful about with our QB on Jan. 1st?
I am hopeful Stanley has a great game! Why throw people under the bus? People like you make things worse on this earth instead of better!! Congrats!!!!

Reactions: yrunvs
his stats don't show it. my buddy is a big nfl fan and a buffalo bills fan and he's from buffalo and he watched the bowl last year with me and he said something like, "jeez that guy isn't very mobile".... ha ha.

Just because Stanley isn't leaping over LBs heads like Josh Allen doesn't mean he's immobile.

So, I dunno.

So you're saying the 8 wins were over crap teams? They weren't all Illinois, ya know. Besides any win is a good win. Are you really CC?

It seems us Hawkeye fans are doing a pretty good job of refusing to think about the liability our QB has become.
-Toughest D yet

-Toughest D yet

Please give me something to remain hopeful about with our QB on Jan. 1st?[/QUOTE

It's a new year. Andy says hope is a great thing, maybe the best of things. Given that Stanley needs a large insurance protection policy. Handoff every play Stan and you might come through unscathed. Eat a lot of lucky charms.
-Toughest D yet

It's a new year. Hope, Stanley has a nice injury insurance policy. he will be seeing a lot of turf.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT