ADVERTISEMENT

Is anybody skeptical about this teams games against Maryland and Indiana?

I think we should handle Maryland but the Indiana game scares me a little bit. They can put up some points on offense and they have their quarterback healthy again.

Hard to believe, but Indiana will be Iowa's longest road trip of the year. Indiana has been in every game they've played with their starting QB. It won't be a cakewalk, and with their offense no lead is safe.

That they'll play those games? Nope. No skepticism about that. It's on the schedule and their record of playing games that are on their schedule is pretty good. Probably close to 100%.

Reactions: Prophethawk
As great of a season as this has been, we are not talented enough to take anyone lightly.

Maryland is not good this year but has some DC area talent. They are playing for an interim coach so they could be motivated at this point to play hard if they like this coach. Have to take them out of the game early.

Indiana scares me much more than Maryland. They play that funky style we hate and will try to turn this into a track meet. We have to play power football and smack them in the mouth. That's what will beat them over 4 quarters.

The other aspect is CJ's health. He's playing at 50% and may have an injury that just will not heal until there is significant healing time during the off season. He's a piece we cannot lose as he makes off-script plays that can tip the balance and keep defenses honest.

As great of a season as this has been, we are not talented enough to take anyone lightly.

Maryland is not good this year but has some DC area talent. They are playing for an interim coach so they could be motivated at this point to play hard if they like this coach. Have to take them out of the game early.

Indiana scares me much more than Maryland. They play that funky style we hate and will try to turn this into a track meet. We have to play power football and smack them in the mouth. That's what will beat them over 4 quarters.

The other aspect is CJ's health. He's playing at 50% and may have an injury that just will not heal until there is significant healing time during the off season. He's a piece we cannot lose as he makes off-script plays that can tip the balance and keep defenses honest.

I bet our opponents coaches and players don't think we are 'not talented enough'. Even the most 'talented' (however you define that) teams cannot take anyone lightly. I don't understand your point. I do think they have to keep that 'edge' they're playing with and overlooking anyone or taking anyone lightly would be detrimental if not disastrous.

I bet our opponents coaches and players don't think we are 'not talented enough'. Even the most 'talented' (however you define that) teams cannot take anyone lightly. I don't understand your point. I do think they have to keep that 'edge' they're playing with and overlooking anyone or taking anyone lightly would be detrimental if not disastrous.

It's pretty easy to define perceived talent. We are not loaded with blue chip 4 & 5 star recruits like the OSU, Alabama, etc. of the world. By no means does that mean that we do not have high quality players. It just means we have to play with a chip and bring it every week. We are a couple of plays and/or possessions from having a few losses. We simply do not have the margin a few of those most talented programs in this country do. We are not alone.

It's pretty easy to define perceived talent. We are not loaded with blue chip 4 & 5 star recruits like the OSU, Alabama, etc. of the world. By no means does that mean that we do not have high quality players. It just means we have to play with a chip and bring it every week. We are a couple of plays and/or possessions from having a few losses. We simply do not have the margin a few of those most talented programs in this country do. We are not alone.

Good lord, not the star ranking thing again. 'Stars' have not been brought up much for quite awhile and it's been so enjoyable. If I agree with you, will you promise not to bring up 'stars' again until after the season:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT