ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone excited about football?

daniel22

All-Conference
Sep 16, 2002
I am not trying to troll or get people upset, but just curious, is anyone really excited about football season this year?

Maybe they surprise us this season, but I am more excited about Iowa basketball and the new faces coming in than Iowa football and it's future going forward.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm not. I want a nice long summer and than wrestling and basketball to get here asap. We all know the football script and how the season will shake out.

Once Football arrives in the fall I will be more excited but right now its like meh..... especially looking at the depth chart and some positions, but I really hope this team surprises.

I am. Driving 6 hours to see spring game.
Even though I can get very frustrated with coaching, results, etc...Iowa Football on Saturdays are my favorite days of the year.

It's tough to have much hope while KF continues to reign. The thing that gives me some optimism is knowing that CJB will be running things. The kid has tremendous potential. Allowed to play to his strengths and given Iowa's schedule, the potential for 10-2 is there. Unfortunately, it depends on coaching, and that's clearly Iowa's weakest point. So no enthusiasm, but some guarded optimism.

Originally posted by daniel22:
I am not trying to troll or get people upset, but just curious, is anyone really excited about football season this year?

Maybe they surprise us this season, but I am more excited about Iowa basketball and the new faces coming in than Iowa football and it's future going forward.
Careful Kirk killed the tiniest minuscule enthusiasm I could muster last season. I've heard enough ebbs and flows from his suck hole to last me a lifetime of nightmares.
I've actually enjoyed my Saturday's much more by forgetting about Iowa football and filling my weekend with fun outdoor actives and hobbies.
This post was edited on 3/29 5:11 PM by ichawks

I am excited about football, and looking forward to the Spring Game on April 25.

Shredded my season ticket renewal form last week and sent Barta a letter as to why.

Curious, yes. Excited, no. I always want every Iowa team to succeed, but, I don't think I have seen an Iowa team that is so devoid of talent since KF's first few years. I fear that his continuing as head coach will leave the program in a similar hole to the one he inherited when he took the job. I hope I am wrong.

I can't wait for football season even though we won't be very good next year. Best time of the year.

Still 5 months away so not yet. Iowa will be average but looking forward to watching great football outside the B1G. Excited for ASU and PAC 12 football

I'm excited because of spring practice. After the spring scrimmage, all I'll care about is none of the kids getting in trouble over the summer. Won't care and there won't be anything to talk about until August, then I'll start getting excited. Always great to see how the kids grow and develop and some of us want them to succeed.

Originally posted by illhawkdvv:
If your not excited about football what are you doing on this board?
For me, I still have passion for the program. And interest in it. Thus, my presence here.

But I am not excited about it at present. Apathy has set in.

I wouldn't say I am excited nor pumped up to watch Iowa football at this time. Too many unknowns and expectations will be rather low. As it gets closer I imagine I will get more excited as positive reports come out of camp on the players and how they have improved and my optimism will rise but my overall expectations will be average at best. Kind of like the last few years. I just don't see it being a banner year with all the question marks we have but I will definitely watch every game and hope for the best. I'm sure 11am games will be the standard.....again.

Originally posted by Hawk73108:
Curious, yes. Excited, no. I always want every Iowa team to succeed, but, I don't think I have seen an Iowa team that is so devoid of talent since KF's first few years. I fear that his continuing as head coach will leave the program in a similar hole to the one he inherited when he took the job. I hope I am wrong.
This. I got sucked in by last year's hyperbole and now my reaction to the upcoming season in mostly indifference sprinkled with curiosity. I would love to see the Hawks succeed but, after last season, I'm not expecting different results. My early prediction is for a 5 & 7 type of season.

I don't usually get "excited" for football at this time of year, though I look forward to the return of football season. My excitement and anticipation build the closer it gets to the first game.

Good or bad, I'll always be a Hawkeye fan. I am actually looking forward to next season as I want to see how well CJ does (assuming he is allowed to play to his strengths and not shackled with 3 yard out patterns).

More excited than last year, as I saw our offense being limited by Jake. QB is most important position and we finally have a potential difference-maker in that position. I can see a 2004 Drew Tate type year.

Originally posted by illhawkdvv:
If your not excited about football what are you doing on this board?
My answer is NO. To answer your question, I was on the wrestling board and popped over here for a minute and saw this thread. BTW, I'm a diehard Hawkeye fan, have been for 30 years.

The Hawkeye football team used to be FUN to watch. Recruiting was FUN to follow. Recently our games are as fun to watch as our recruiting.

No real changes have been made so I'm expecting the same results unless our overpaid Coach shows me otherwise.

No. I haven't been truly excited for Iowa football for the past few years running, if I'm basing it on my personal expectations, which is typically 7-5 and so-so bowl game. Could be worse, but meh.

That said, I still love the Hawks and am sure I will tune in for some games, but I simply don't believe in Kirk Ferentz anymore, so it's hard to get too ramped up.

Too early for me to get excited and I just got done enjoying the BB season. I know I will get there but this feels different than most years in that it is harder for me to look ahead and be overly optimistic. I just hope we don't go 7-5 and have people be happy about that. It is almost as if we are setting the bar lower for Hawkeye FB. Tastes like and feels like non alcoholic beer.

Like most on here, I cannot claim to be "excited" for Iowa football this year. I'm sick of the same old crap - slow, unathletic, plodding, brutal-to-watch football. Iowa doesn't get the ball into the hands of its best skill players, which is rule #1 of the college game.

Two potential reasons to be excited though:
1) Anything better than 8-4 will come out of nowhere.
2) Anything worse than 6-6 and KF is probably gone.

Yup, we'll go 7-5.

Of course I am excited about the season. If I wasn't I wouldn't be on a message board dedicated to Iowa football.

Still won't be able to watch the first game unless somehow Verizon gets service magically on Lake Roosevelt. But there is a spot up by one of the boat ramps that you can get some service so I will be there fishing and refreshing gamecast over and over and over.

Always look forward to the start of a new season of Hawkeye football.

Now that Bball is over, getting there very quickly. I'll be amped by the time the season starts, but with tempered expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT