ADVERTISEMENT

Is anything in your house using an extension cord right now?

Is anything in your house using an extension cord right now?

• Yes

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • I'm not like that

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Racist

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Is that a picture of the basement (man ca....don't say it!)? If so:

childish-gambino.gif

The wall plates remind me of a hospital or nursing home. The light situation has me more worried.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hawki97
Basic electrical is one of those things that once you're taught - you're like, awww shit! This is easy! Hardest part of any rewire job is the drywall but if you're sneaky and have the right tools you can get a lot of shit done without poking too many holes. I will say, the summer I spent finishing drywall has paid off in more ways than I could imagine over the years of home ownership.
Last year I lubed up some wire to snake through some conduit.

Reactions: Moral and Hawki97
Shit...I have an Army of extension cords.

Someday I will get more sockets...but i have one wall that has 6 sockets....I have at least 30 things that need power on that wall

Yeah, same here. Different lengths and gauge wire depending on need.

Main reason is I'm poor, so I occasionally use a lot of cord powered old school hand tools. I also use things such as battery tenders/chargers, shop vacs etc for vehicle stuff.

Nothing is ever permanently plugged in drawing power really other than the battery things and those get the shortest possible cords at 12 gauge.

Father was an electrician. I don't use el cheapo stuff and don't over tax them amps wise.

I use extension cords everywhere in my home, nearly everything that draws power in and outside my house is attached to one. No worries though, I use really high quality cords like this because I'm quite brilliant, you see.

62910_W3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT