ADVERTISEMENT

Is being overly political a disease?

Should the overly political be considered to have an illness?

• Yes

• No

• Just for Trumpturds

• Just for Libturds

Results are only viewable after voting.

unIowa

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Just like someone can become addicted to alcohol, drugs, sex (all good things), foods, etc is it possible for people to become addicted to and then develop a political mental illness of sorts?

Some of you guys take this stuff WAY too seriously. We have more important things to be worried about, Iowa Basketball and Football is a complete wreck and FSU football is a dumpster fire right now.

Classifying the overly political as mentally ill just might be the stigma we need to get everyone to chill out a bit.

Reactions: Mattski
Just like someone can become addicted to alcohol, drugs, sex (all good things), foods, etc is it possible for people to become addicted to and then develop a political mental illness of sorts?

Some of you guys take this stuff WAY too seriously. We have more important things to be worried about, Iowa Basketball and Football is a complete wreck and FSU football is a dumpster fire right now.

Classifying the overly political as mentally ill just might be the stigma we need to get everyone to chill out a bit.
Hey now, FSU just pulled of an upset of BC. But yes, many people are way too militant. I like a commercial Pete is running right now in Iowa that warns people are fighting just to fight rather than remembering what is on the other side of the fight. If there is common ground take it and celebrate it.

Reactions: unIowa
On the other hand, people may not be taking the threat Trump poses to our nation seriously enough. He is by far the scariest President we have ever had and his allegiance to Putin and Russia should give everyone pause. Add in his dishonesty and immaturity and you can see why some people (like me I admit) want him gone ASAP.

Are you saying our founding fathers were suffering from an outbreak of something?

Reactions: cigaretteman
On the other hand, people may not be taking the threat Trump poses to our nation seriously enough. He is by far the scariest President we have ever had and his allegiance to Putin and Russia should give everyone pause. Add in his dishonesty and immaturity and you can see why some people (like me I admit) want him gone ASAP.

He is no worse than NE fan. I mean that is really bad but what do you do.

I think the voters capable of rational thought have sized up Trump as a deplorable leader and a threat to our nation, economy, and alliances.

Everybody worships something(s). For those who are not religious, they still need to put their faith in some institution. Thus, you have the over-politicized kind (applies to all parts of the political spectrum).

Let’s face it, some folks worship politics. Their side/tribe is their savior.

I think internet addiction is absolutely a real thing and a big problem. IMO arguing about politics or contentious issues goes hand-in-hand with internet addiction because feelings of anger, outrage, and righteousness provide the "fix". It's the reason troll content gets the most clicks.

O look one of those people the OP was talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT