ADVERTISEMENT

Is it offensive for a white male manager to call other men, "buddy" (especially his black subordinate)? What if I told you this was in Georgia?

Soy boy. Good one. That cuts deep.

Did you watch the Olympics? I heard the opening ceremony was entertaining! No sensitive types getting offended or anything like that.
evil vs good

ancient_greek_god_parties.jpg
Booga booga

That does make it easier to hate the other side and do crazy stuff like storming the capitol when you view the other side as “evil”.
I was no where near the Capital.
Were you burning cities and destroying businesses in Minneapolis and Portland, or should I just place you there?

• Haha
Reactions: Flie
As @goldmom said, Buddy is a common colloquialism in the south. It is generally not considered racist, demeaning or offensive.

Most regions have a similar type of an expression. What is common in the Midwest?

Reactions: goldmom
As @goldmom said, Buddy is a common colloquialism in the south. It is generally not considered racist, demeaning or offensive.

Most regions have a similar type of an expression. What is common in the Midwest?

Twat. As in: “Hey you twat, come help me with this wouldja?” It is some times coupled with waffle. As in: “You’re such a twat waffle.”

It’s a term of endearment. Don’t be offended by it if you come to Ioway.

Twat. As in: “Hey you twat, come help me with this wouldja?” It is some times coupled with waffle. As in: “You’re such a twat waffle.”

It’s a term of endearment. Don’t be offended by it if you come to Ioway.
Twatwaffle

I was no where near the Capital.
Were you burning cities and destroying businesses in Minneapolis and Portland, or should I just place you there?

Capitol and no, I wasn’t involved in any burning or looting of cities or businesses. It’s is wrong to do that although I understand why people were upset back then. It’s funny that you guys think it was “the democrats “ that were rioting. Part of the narrative.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Capitol and no, I wasn’t involved in any burning or looting of cities or businesses. It’s is wrong to do that although I understand why people were upset back then. It’s funny that you guys think it was “the democrats “ that were rioting. Part of the narrative.
In Minneapolis is was the Black community

Well, since 90+ percent of African-Americans identify as democrats, I think it's a pretty safe bet that BLM rioters were overwhelmingly comprised of democrats.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Well, since 90+ percent of African-Americans identify as democrats, I think it's a pretty safe bet that BLM rioters were overwhelmingly comprised of democrats.

Assuming your data is accurate, what percent of the black population is registered to vote?

Were the BLM riots mostly black people? Therefore they must all be democrat? Making sure I have the logic right.

Buddy is actually a Southern small town colloquial name and is most certainly NOT a demeaning or racist term. Very commonly used to greet another man - “Hey Buddy how you doin’?
That's not just a Southern thing. What you described is common everywhere and in the example you gave is not demeaning or condescending. We are discussing a workplace environment, and although not very much context was given, I assume is a case where a boss is avoiding addressing a subordinate by his preferred name, in which case I don't blame him for going to HR, although as I stated earlier, I don't see any EEOC discrimination, although I could see the minority trying to make a case of it if he has a traditionally black name. I would call this thing just plain 'ole workplace hostility/harassment.

That's not just a Southern thing. What you described is common everywhere and in the example you gave is not demeaning or condescending. We are discussing a workplace environment, and although not very much context was given, I assume is a case where a boss is avoiding addressing a subordinate by his preferred name, in which case I don't blame him for going to HR, although as I stated earlier, I don't see any EEOC discrimination, although I could see the minority trying to make a case of it if he has a traditionally black name. I would call this thing just plain 'ole workplace hostility/harassment.
I could easily see a discrimination claim if the boss singles out the black guy as “Buddy” and calls everyone else their preferred name.

how about man, dude, asshole, and dickhead? hope these are all still acceptable terms, i would hate to be mistaken to be a racist

Many people are also not good at remembering names….the programmed butt hurt are so fueled by Lib manufactured resentment they’re to miserable to laugh it off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT