ADVERTISEMENT

Is Josh Oglesby due for a Warren Holloway moment?

nu2u

HB Legend
Aug 10, 2006
With Iowa trailing and time running out in the 2005 Capitol One Bowl, senior reserve WR Warren Holloway caught a bomb from Drew Tate as Iowa shocked Nick Saban and the LSU Tigers in one of the biggest upsets in Iowa FB history.

Its not an exact comparison but wouldn't it be nice if Oglesby hit a last second long range shot to pull the upset in a tourney game this year.

Of course, I will concede that it would be even nicer if Iowa wins without the need for a last second basket but if one is necessary, and the ball somehow ends up in JO's hands, for me, it would be extra sweet if he connects...... almost like 4 years of frustration erased in a second.

Yes, he is due. No, it's not gonna happen tomorrow against the Zags.

He's gonna do it against Duke in the Regional Final.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

It would be great. One clarification : the Cap One bowl was not a huge upset. We were dogs, and the last play was as memorable as it gets. Still have the print of the Catch on my wall.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I would love to see it for him. He has been a punching bag and the punch line in many jokes.....would love to see him help punch our ticket to the next level.

Instead of a game winning 3, I would much rather he has 3 or 4 treys in a row down the stretch to put the game away (much like Jok yesterday) - I think that would be better for my heart!

Olgesby was a good shooter in high school, but it seems like he just never made the transition to the college level. He had 1 rebound in the BTT and 2 personal fouls against Davidson for stats, so I wouldn't expect anything different tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong.

Originally posted by OldTownPepe:
Olgesby was a good shooter in high school, but it seems like he just never made the transition to the college level. He had 1 rebound in the BTT and 2 personal fouls against Davidson for stats, so I wouldn't expect anything different tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong.

As a freshman JO put up 24 points in 20 minutes of pt at Indiana and 20 points in 26 minutes at MSU.

Also put up 17 points against both Minnesota and Wisconsin last year. JO is capable of having a big night against good teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT