ADVERTISEMENT

Is NY Yankee Rookie Aaron Judge The Next Super Star?

LuteHawk

HR Legend
Nov 30, 2011
Today, the Yankees are in first place in the AL East
due to the offensive prowess of Aaron Judge. At
this moment he has .344 Batting Average with 21 HR's
and 47 RBI's.

He is 6' 7" and weighs 282 pounds which accounts for
the 495 foot Home Run he hit today. He leads the AL
as the top vote getter for the All-Star game. As a mobile
Right Fielder some of his catches have made ESPN
Sports Center web gems.

The way he squares up the ball, it's tough to imagine him not at least carving out a career as a solid power hitter. A bit early to determine whether he's going to be able to hit for average like he has. For sure he and Sanchize will be a force in the Yanks lineup for years to come

Reactions: MitchL and LuteHawk
The fact that Aaron Judge is a product of the Yankee
farm system, he will be a true blue blood Yankee. He
follows in the foot steps of the Core Four: Jeter, Riveria,
Posada, Pettitte who came up in the Yankee minor league
system and helped win 5 World Series Championships
for the Bronx Bombers.

Reactions: MitchL
He will be a 40+ HR guy for the next 10 years... but you are a fool if you think he's going to hit .330+

MLB will figure him out and he will struggle (at least more than he is now). I see .270 range and 40-45 HR with 90-100 RBI.

Those are near HOF numbers, but he has been out of his mind this first half of the season.

I would be happy if Aaron Judge hit .285 with 40 HR's
and 100 RBI's per season Already he is getting some
unintentional walks and he is not going to have many
good pitches to hit as pitchers adjust to him.

Now we need solid pitching and some more good young hitters to emerge. Would be good to stomp the cubs over the next 10 years in the series and get a gs /cleveland rivalry going on.

Now we need solid pitching and some more good young hitters to emerge. Would be good to stomp the cubs over the next 10 years in the series and get a gs /cleveland rivalry going on.
Yo Wahawk, what's Waterloo like these days? I just realized I haven't been there in like 3-4 years. I grew up mostly in CF and went to school in Waterloo until my family moved to Parkersburg just before my soph year of HS. My cousin (a Wahawk) just visited Iowa (lives in Germany now) and he says they've basically re-done downtown Waterloo and it looks great now. He also says that his old neighborhood has gone from US currency to crack as currency. Mixed signals, you know.

Yo Wahawk, what's Waterloo like these days? I just realized I haven't been there in like 3-4 years. I grew up mostly in CF and went to school in Waterloo until my family moved to Parkersburg just before my soph year of HS. My cousin (a Wahawk) just visited Iowa (lives in Germany now) and he says they've basically re-done downtown Waterloo and it looks great now. He also says that his old neighborhood has gone from US currency to crack as currency. Mixed signals, you know.
Roads are shit, schools look like shit, town looks like shit.

The potential is there for sure. The next hurdle will really be next season as MLB adjusts to him. If he handles that all right, the sky is the limit for him.
I was mostly giving Lute a ribbing. Judge looks really good right now. It's funny if someone says "I would be happy if this young rookie averages 40 HRs and 100 RBIs over his career." No shit?

Roads are shit, schools look like shit, town looks like shit.
Schools are super old (East remodeled a lot I thought?) but I always loved visiting for a basketball game. The gym at East is a blast when they're putting out a good team. I live by Drake and the roads in Wloo can't possibly be worse. Is the area near what used to be Rath and what used to be St. Johns still a dumpster fire?

Schools are super old (East remodeled a lot I thought?) but I always loved visiting for a basketball game. The gym at East is a blast when they're putting out a good team. I live by Drake and the roads in Wloo can't possibly be worse. Is the area near what used to be Rath and what used to be St. Johns still a dumpster fire?
It's all shit. They don't care. They don't have the money to pay for out and don't want the money. My mom has a decent sized house and only pays like $880 a year in property taxes. Got a letter that they are going down.

It's all shit. They don't care. They don't have the money to pay for out and don't want the money. My mom has a decent sized house and only pays like $880 a year in property taxes. Got a letter that they are going down.
Au revoir. Sucks. I loved Waterloo. And that was after Rath closed and Deere downsized.

Back to Judge... If the Yankees can stack the lineup around him, the success should continue. That means Sanchez/Castro and an improved Greg Bird.

I suspect he might need to control the weight a bit as he gets older to keep less stress on the knees.

As an aside, if anyone watched Kimbrall from Boston blow him away with three pitches last week, he's got some areas of weakness that he needs to shore up.

As a Yankees fan... this is exciting. Girardi needs two starting pitchers added. If that happens... this team will be dominant for the next decade.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
W
Today, the Yankees are in first place in the AL East
due to the offensive prowess of Aaron Judge. At
this moment he has .344 Batting Average with 21 HR's
and 47 RBI's.

He is 6' 7" and weighs 282 pounds which accounts for
the 495 foot Home Run he hit today. He leads the AL
as the top vote getter for the All-Star game. As a mobile
Right Fielder some of his catches have made ESPN
Sports Center web gems.
We'll see how he reacts when opposing pitchers get more of a book on him and he hits his 30's and his knees start to complain about carrying around 280#.

Cubs fans were betting that Schwarber would hit 40 homers this year. It might happen, but the league catches up to you and players have to adjust. He is a really big guy, and I watched him from the RF bleachers at Wrigley. He loves the game, that shows through. But, big guys usually have holes in their swings. Pitchers will start to find them.

Dave Winfield was 6' 6" and weighed 220

Frank Howard was 6' 7" and weighed 255

Frank Thomas was 6' 5" and weighed 240

They had good careers for big men.

Surprised at Winfield. Never knew he was that big. First time I saw Howard in person it was amazing how huge he was relative to all the other players.

Dave Winfield played basketball at Minnesota and was also drafted by the NFL.
Frank Howard played basketball at tOSU.
Frank Thomas played tight end at Auburn.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Today, the Yankee lineup at the end of the game
against Baltimore had 6 guys with 10 or more
home runs for the season. They also had the
same 6 guys with at least 28 RBI's for the season.

Judge with 21 HR's and 47 RBI's
Holiday with 13 and 44
Castro with 12 and 41
Hicks with 10 and 36
Gardner with 13 and 29
Sanchez with 10 and 28

Yanks just drafted another 6’7 corner outfielder out of Vanderbilt in the first round yesterday. Lefty though… Baby Judge?

Going into the 2022 MLB All-Star break, Aaron Judge
had 33 home runs, 70 rbi's, and .284 batting average.
He should easily have 50 home runs and 120 rbi's for
the whole season. It will not mean much unless the
NY Yankees win the World Series.

As the Sun sets on this September 4, 2022,
Aaron Judge has 53 Home Runs & 115 RBI's
with a .299 Batting Average. Hope the Yanks
can finish in 1st Place in their division. He is
the only real Super Star they have this season.

As the Sun sets on this September 4, 2022,
Aaron Judge has 53 Home Runs & 115 RBI's
with a .299 Batting Average. Hope the Yanks
can finish in 1st Place in their division. He is
the only real Super Star they have this season.
Really not good when you spend a lot on guys that can’t stay healthy. MLB needs to stop these 10+ year contracts

Reactions: LuteHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT