ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Haitian invasion of Middle America the RW talking point of the week?

FACT CHECK (Share this as much as the misinformation!)

CLAIM: Undocumented Haitian immigrants are stealing and eating people’s pets in Springfield, Ohio.

TRUTH: Absolutely false!

- The woman featured in the video is not Haitian; her name is Telia Ferrell, and she’s a U.S. citizen who has been a registered voter for six years.

- The Springfield Police Department confirmed they have received zero reports of pets being stolen or eaten.

- The body-cam video in question was not filmed in Springfield, Ohio, but in Canton, Ohio.

- Ian Miles Cheong, a controversial online personality, has played a key role in spreading this rumor. He has been involved with Russian state-run media, is based in Malaysia, living in Vatican City, and has no known affiliation with Springfield or this incident.

Let’s stick to the facts and stop the spread of harmful rumors!

20k hatians in a town of 58k seems like a whole lot.

That's not sustainable.

Why are those raising the concern to be mocked?

That's a rhetorical question. You know the answer.

20k hatians in a town of 58k seems like a whole lot.

That's not sustainable.

Why are those raising the concern to be mocked?

That's a rhetorical question. You know the answer.
The town was 80k not long ago. Did you not read that part? And maybe because the area police and business community say these people are full of schidt? I think we both know what it is about these LEGAL and productive Haitians has these people find uneasy. Will you admit it is the question.

Wrong. I haven’t posted once about that story.

I’m responding to the influx of people that are now in that community.

Reading is hard for you. Comprehending is even harder.
What is wrong with the influx of people into a town that was losing population?
Look, I hate to keep punching down, but you aren't clever enough to do this.

The town was 80k not long ago. Did you not read that part? And maybe because the area police and business community say these people are full of schidt? I think we both know what it is about these LEGAL and productive Haitians has these people find uneasy. Will you admit it is the question.
Population has steadily declined, it was never 80k in the past 30 years. They certainly don't have the supports in place to support the influx. Now, if the Haitians spoke English and had a skill distribution that enabled them to contribute to society rather than strain it, the issue wouldn't be near as big.

Legal? Sure, this is a refugee dump. I guess we'll see how it plays with America tonight, I'm sure it'll be brought up.

Notice how you deflected, skewed facts, and then tried to turn me and the Ohio townspeople into racists just for suggesting 20k Haitians forced on a town of 58k wasn't a good idea? Is that who you want to be?

Your emotional bondage is severe, your oppressors have completely subdued and deployed you. You can break free if you choose.

Yeah I've seen this talking point making the rounds on social media. It's amazing how all of the deep/critical/free thinkers are able to consistently arrive at the same conclusions simultaneously and start sharing immediately. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

Population has steadily declined, it was never 80k in the past 30 years. They certainly don't have the supports in place to support the influx. Now, if the Haitians spoke English and had a skill distribution that enabled them to contribute to society rather than strain it, the issue wouldn't be near as big.

Legal? Sure, this is a refugee dump. I guess we'll see how it plays with America tonight, I'm sure it'll be brought up.

Notice how you deflected, skewed facts, and then tried to turn me and the Ohio townspeople into racists just for suggesting 20k Haitians forced on a town of 58k wasn't a good idea? Is that who you want to be?

Your emotional bondage is severe, your oppressors have completely subdued and deployed you. You can break free if you choose.
Weird how you completely ignored the actual facts of the article, quotes from city officials, and business leaders to come to your own conclusions based on your feelings about how Haitians were bound to ruin their town. Gee. Wonder why?

None of this has anything to do with the point of the thread.

While I think there is general ignorance that permeates throughout this post. Just a couple of specifics:

Where did you get the impression that this is a refugee dump? Where did you get the impression that these people were "forced" on to Springfield? And who in your version of events did the forcing?

If you had the basic facts correct, the emotional bondage that you display throughout this post would be a understandable reaction, but that's the hitch with the MAGA movement. Similarly, if the 2020 election was actually stolen - like in reality, with actual facts - the MAGA reaction to raise hell and storm the Capitol would have been a reasonable one, but it wasn't.

FACT CHECK (Share this as much as the misinformation!)

CLAIM: Undocumented Haitian immigrants are stealing and eating people’s pets in Springfield, Ohio.

TRUTH: Absolutely false!

- The woman featured in the video is not Haitian; her name is Telia Ferrell, and she’s a U.S. citizen who has been a registered voter for six years.

- The Springfield Police Department confirmed they have received zero reports of pets being stolen or eaten.

- The body-cam video in question was not filmed in Springfield, Ohio, but in Canton, Ohio.

- Ian Miles Cheong, a controversial online personality, has played a key role in spreading this rumor. He has been involved with Russian state-run media, is based in Malaysia, living in Vatican City, and has no known affiliation with Springfield or this incident.

Let’s stick to the facts and stop the spread of harmful rumors!
I'm glad the facts show the lady who ate the cat was from Canton and not Springfield, Garfield is much safer now. The fact she has been here 6 years instead of just walking over the border yesterday totally brings little ginger back.

You guys are having to take some incredibly dumb positions because you keep pandering to stupidity.

Last edited:
A usual not black or white, but gray type story here:

- Typical Midwestern/Rust Belt town on decline
- Industry is hollowed out, the population follows
- Typical despair related issues (addiction, depression, poverty)
- Industry makes a comeback, but there's not enough workers (addiction and depression ring a bell?)
- Immigrants from Haiti who are legally allowed to work AND willing begin to arrive and fill positions, more follow
- The appearance of immigrants brings economic upside: filled jobs, economic output, local taxes, (you know, all the benefits associated with employment)
- They also bring economic downsides: pressure on housing, schools and healthcare

It's not black or white, they're arrival is neither all good or all bad, like most things, it's a mixed bag. And rather than being able to use this town as a reasonable basis for discussion about the impacts of immigration across the country, instead our discourse is based on fear based hyperbole at best, bad faith fiction at worst. Just complete and utter nonsense, and not just from the fringe where you used to maybe expect it, it's now mainstream, being repeated by people who are otherwise likely functioning members of society. They hold jobs, can read and write, take care of their families, yet when it comes to politics, they'll believe just about anything if the tribal lines are arranged correctly. What a sorry state of affairs.

A usual not black or white, but gray type story here:

- Typical Midwestern/Rust Belt town on decline
- Industry is hollowed out, the population follows
- Typical despair related issues (addiction, depression, poverty)
- Industry makes a comeback, but there's not enough workers (addiction and depression ring a bell?)
- Immigrants from Haiti who are legally allowed to work AND willing begin to arrive and fill positions, more follow
- The appearance of immigrants brings economic upside: filled jobs, economic output, local taxes, (you know, all the benefits associated with employment)
- They also bring economic downsides: pressure on housing, schools and healthcare

It's not black or white, they're arrival is neither all good or all bad, like most things, it's a mixed bag. And rather than being able to use this town as a reasonable basis for discussion about the impacts of immigration across the country, instead our discourse is based on fear based hyperbole at best, bad faith fiction at worst. Just complete and utter nonsense, and not just from the fringe where you used to maybe expect it, it's now mainstream, being repeated by people who are otherwise likely functioning members of society. They hold jobs, can read and write, take care of their families, yet when it comes to politics, they'll believe just about anything if the tribal lines are arranged correctly. What a sorry state of affairs.
So there are Haitians filling jobs and helping middle America, but they're not doing doing the stereotypes like cooking neighbors pets?

This isn't difficult for even marginally intelligent people. My responses are to the OP's thread title.

And to even marginally intelligent people, the title of the thread is related to the underlying story, that's generally how titles are to work. So you can have a dozen posts that you intended to be about the thread title, but people are going to laugh at you when you claim that zero of your posts are commenting about any story.

But I get it, you're not as low functioning as most of the MAGAs, they will willingly gobble shit, while the rest of us point in a mixture of shock and laughter. You're a little more careful, you know your Team serves mostly shit at the buffet, so you make sure not to "make any comments about any story" or really stand for much of anything at all.

..."you're not as low functioning as most of the MAGAs, they will willingly gobble shit, while the rest of us point in a mixture of shock and laughter. You're a little more careful, you know your Team serves mostly shit at the buffet, so you make sure not to "make any comments about any story" or really stand for much of anything at all.

I'm stealing this. I can use it with so many people I know. "You're not as low functioning as most of the MAGAs."

Last edited:
You're not a deep thinker, are you?
Dungeons And Dragons Comedy GIF by Hyper RPG

But I get it, you're not as low functioning as most of the MAGAs, they will willingly gobble shit, while the rest of us point in a mixture of shock and laughter. You're a little more careful, you know your Team serves mostly shit at the buffet, so you make sure not to "make any comments about any story" or really stand for much of anything at all.
Nailed it.

Northern’s whole shtick is trying to maintain plausible deniability. Not fooling anyone.

Refugee dump? WTF, did you not even read the article? Those Haitians have breathed life into this dying Ohio town that was previously littered with white trash drug abusers living on entitlements. Springfield should be thankful they call that previous shithole home now. They’re the saviors.

My body, my choice, right?

It’s strange - the same people advocating for a woman’s right to abortion saw no problem with forcing that same woman to be injected against her will in order to keep her job.

Seems sort of hypocritical and medically tyrannical. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
My body, my choice, right?

It’s strange - the same people advocating for a woman’s right to abortion saw no problem with forcing that same woman to be injected against her will in order to keep her job.

Seems sort of hypocritical and medically tyrannical. 🤷‍♂️
Years ago. Let it go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT