ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a deadline for a 157 pound transfer?

Nashville_Hawkeye

HR All-American
Dec 31, 2015
Nashville
Hi guys,

Everyday I jump on here to see if there’s any breaking news on a transfer to fill the void at 157. That said, is there a deadline for transfers that will be wrestling this year? I know we’ve got a couple good guys vying for the position but it sure would be nice to get a top tier transfer.

Thank you.

Reactions: IRONBIRD and el dub
Hi guys,

Everyday I jump on here to see if there’s any breaking news on a transfer to fill the void at 157. That said, is there a deadline for transfers that will be wrestling this year? I know we’ve got a couple good guys vying for the position but it sure would be nice to get a top tier transfer.

Thank you.
Look atchoo…. Be patient, mon. These things can take years, apparently. Maybe a decade to sort out.

Last edited:
I am kinda wondering the same thing. The way I currently see it. unless something comes up outa the blue, I think we are running out the best man we currently have on the roster.

If anyone has anything else on this matter, and/or the stock market. Please share your input and knowledge. TY

Practically speaking, the deadline was yesterday. One of these guys on the roster needs to make weight at 157 and wrestling with some conviction and purpose this season. Like every other Iowa wrestler, we expect this person to wrestle up to their abilities, and if they're worth recruiting to Iowa, they'll have some abilities.

Relying on the transfer portal will always be a dangerous game. Always a chance the top guys just happen to be happy where they’re at.

My guess based on all the talk of Larry Lee reaching out and the fact that Real Woods ended up here when Wyatt had a better trajectory than any of the current 57 pounders that Iowa put out plenty of feelers for a transfer, but ended up striking out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT