ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any better time than the next few days?

83Hawk

HB Legend
Sep 17, 2002
The excitement of Selection Sunday when you know the Hawks are in and just needing to know who they play, and their bracket. Then several days of anticipation and dreaming of a run in the tournament.

Unfortunately there is also the inevitable kick in the groin when they get bounced in the first game by a lower seeded opponent, or run out of the gym in the second game.

I really hope the Hawks can somehow, some way make it out of the first weekend. I have almost forgotten what a Sweet 16 feels like. It sure takes all the fun out of the NCAA tournament when your team is out before suppertime on Thursday.

I remember(and not so long ago) just wanting the Hawks to be in the Dance. I am returning back to that excitement and looking forward to the games! We all know if this team gets hot they can beat anyone in the country. Hoping for a wild ride!!!

The excitement of Selection Sunday when you know the Hawks are in and just needing to know who they play, and their bracket. Then several days of anticipation and dreaming of a run in the tournament.

Unfortunately there is also the inevitable kick in the groin when they get bounced in the first game by a lower seeded opponent, or run out of the gym in the second game.

I really hope the Hawks can somehow, some way make it out of the first weekend. I have almost forgotten what a Sweet 16 feels like. It sure takes all the fun out of the NCAA tournament when your team is out before suppertime on Thursday.
Yea, you pretty much nailed it. Great and all, but the relative certainty that this team will flame out early puts a damper on any expectations. Who knows though, given our tendency to play to the level of competition, maybe we get a tough draw, and we ball for several games..... :cool:

Yes there is a better time and I say this loving watching the hawks play sports even when they are not the greatest. I know what you are saying but...

The better times are visiting our kids and grandkids, golf season and getting out and playing and practicing, spring-summer-and fall, etc as there are a lot of better times.

Yea, you pretty much nailed it. Great and all, but the relative certainty that this team will flame out early puts a damper on any expectations. Who knows though, given our tendency to play to the level of competition, maybe we get a tough draw, and we ball for several games..... :cool:
Please make it happen.

As the year's pass with little success in NCAA tourney for Iowa, I find the NCAA tourney less exciting. Granted qualifying is better than NIT appearance.'

Reactions: NI hawk
As the year's pass with little success in NCAA tourney for Iowa, I find the NCAA tourney less exciting. Granted qualifying is better than NIT appearance.'
I tend to agree the luster is not their like it used to be when Iowa was playing better BBall and there was a chance.

Reactions: Scott559
love the tourney and excited about it, but it is crazy what a disappointing end to the season does to my excitement level. Especially after the last 2 seasons. But, hey. That’s why they play the games.

love the tourney and excited about it, but it is crazy what a disappointing end to the season does to my excitement level. Especially after the last 2 seasons. But, hey. That’s why they play the games.
I mean the last 2 seasons felt like a S16 was all but assured and then had our hearts ripped out both times. At least this year, we’re all expecting an early exit so maybe the nut punch won’t be as bad.

Or they might pull a Jake Taylor and win the whole effing thing.

But definitely won’t.

just getting in is fun.

unfortunately, we are an 8 or 9 and that means it's gonna be tough to make a run.

filling out the brackets and watching them get destroyed as upsets occur is always "fun" too ;)

I mean the last 2 seasons felt like a S16 was all but assured and then had our hearts ripped out both times. At least this year, we’re all expecting an early exit so maybe the nut punch won’t be as bad.

Or they might pull a Jake Taylor and win the whole effing thing.

But definitely won’t.

I am trying to not be negative but it is really tough after the last 2 years. If the hawks couldn’t get it done then… You never know though, stranger things have happened. Refusing to get my hopes up though.

I remember(and not so long ago) just wanting the Hawks to be in the Dance. I am returning back to that excitement and looking forward to the games! We all know if this team gets hot they can beat anyone in the country. Hoping for a wild ride!!!

there is no clear cut favorite to win the National Championship

why not Iowa, @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset ??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT