ADVERTISEMENT

Isn’t foreign aid in general a bribe?

At least the way we use it. Basically “take this money and let us have a military presence in your country.”

Unless you really think our government gives two shits about anybody in these foreign lands.
A bribe connotes illegally or dishonestly; but it is definitely a quid pro quo.

Sorry, if I was going to take a foreign bride, it would look like this:

slavic-brides.jpg

Not this:

f_mo_kenani_interview_191107MIXED.760;428;7;70;5.jpg

I know you know this, cause no one is this stupid, but there’s a huge difference in giving a country money for the purposes of furthering United States policy and giving foreign aid so that they will help you win an election.
there was no election at the time

At least the way we use it. Basically “take this money and let us have a military presence in your country.”

Unless you really think our government gives two shits about anybody in these foreign lands.

Yes. That’s not the issue with Drumpf at all. Using aid and other “inducements” to get something that benefits the USA is not only A-OK, but is a tool all presidents use.

What the Russian traitor Drumpf did was hold up needed military aid while there’s an active warzone in order to force them to make up evidence to attack a US political rival.

It’s not the tool, it’s how it’s used. If I use a knife to cut my steak so I can eat it easier that’s fine. If I use the same knife to cut your throat I’m a murderer.

the money is designed such so we don't have to have a military presence...at least when it comes to Ukraine.
A democratic Ukraine is vital to the security of Europe which is in our best interest as well as the security of the United States.

To withhold it because you want a foreign country to announce they are investigating an American political rival...is NOT in the best interest of the United States but it sure is in the interest of Don DaCon and his Divided States of America.

When Donny withheld the security authorized by the US Congress...his buddy Putin had a lap dance to celebrate....while his armed forces continue to attack the Ukraine military.

In this case when the new Ukraine President was elected instead of seeing an opportunity to work with the new government...he saw an opportunity to hold the aid over his head and we all should know by now why.

Its all about Donny & his 2020 re-election (apparently he doesn't think he can win on his policies (whatever they are)..

Reactions: seam
I see the Trumpbots have received their new talking points. The shift has begun.

It appears the standard now is that the specific words “quid pro quo” and/or “bribery” must be verbalized or written. I guess when that’s all you have

Reactions: seam
What the Russian traitor Drumpf did was hold up needed military aid while there’s an active warzone in order to force them to make up evidence to attack a US political rival.

What if they don’t make up evidence, but instead expose corruption that had been covered up?

Separate question, do you think what Biden was doing was legit?

What if they don’t make up evidence, but instead expose corruption that had been covered up?

which one Hunter or Vice President Biden?

Explainer: Biden, allies pushed out Ukrainian prosecutor because he didn't pursue corruption cases

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...orced-out-ukraines-top-prosecutor/3785620002/

Burisma Holdings was not under scrutiny at the time Joe Biden called for Shokin's ouster, according to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, an independent agency set up in 2014 that has worked closely with the FBI.

Shokin's office had investigated Burisma, but the probe focused on a period before Hunter Biden joined the company, according to the anti-corruption bureau.

I think if Biden did something corrupt and illegitimate, that the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act is what he should be charged with.

Given the assumption "he did something illegal" is correct, I am mystified that between Jeff Sessions and Bill Barr, neither of them has indicted him.

That leaves me with the resulting conclusion that he did nothing illegal. Of course, if new evidence is brought forth by the DOJ, that could change, but DOJ has been oddly silent on this.

Yes. That’s not the issue with Drumpf at all. Using aid and other “inducements” to get something that benefits the USA is not only A-OK, but is a tool all presidents use.

It’s not the tool, it’s how it’s used. If I use a knife to cut my steak so I can eat it easier that’s fine. If I use the same knife to cut your throat I’m a murderer.
It’s such a simple concept to grasp.

the money is designed such so we don't have to have a military presence...at least when it comes to Ukraine.
A democratic Ukraine is vital to the security of Europe which is in our best interest as well as the security of the United States.

To withhold it because you want a foreign country to announce they are investigating an American political rival...is NOT in the best interest of the United States but it sure is in the interest of Don DaCon and his Divided States of America.

When Donny withheld the security authorized by the US Congress...his buddy Putin had a lap dance to celebrate....while his armed forces continue to attack the Ukraine military.

In this case when the new Ukraine President was elected instead of seeing an opportunity to work with the new government...he saw an opportunity to hold the aid over his head and we all should know by now why.

Its all about Donny & his 2020 re-election (apparently he doesn't think he can win on his policies (whatever they are)..
Stop right there. Yanukovych was democratically elected and we overthrew him. Washington has destabilized Ukraine. Kiev has nothing to do with our security. They are 5,000 miles away from us. However, the Ukies share a large border with Russia and their security is threatened. They have no natural barriers to insulate themselves from war, hence being invaded 3 times in 200 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT