Originally posted by LuteHawk:
Iowa State was exhausted mentally as well as
physically from the Big 12 Tournament.

Iowa Hawkeyes had fresh legs and bright mental
attitude against Davidson.

Bottom Line: Conference Tournaments are
over rated. They are merely cash cows and
not anything else.
I don't think the Big 12 tournament had anything to do with what happened to ISU. That is a poor excuse.

!00years, you can call cyclone fans anything you want, you can create all the false link headings that you like, whatever gets your ISU obsessed mind through the day. Just don't expect every Hawk fan to respect your opinions.

Originally posted by oldman101:

!00years, you can call cyclone fans anything you want, you can create all the false link headings that you like, whatever gets your ISU obsessed mind through the day. Just don't expect every Hawk fan to respect your opinions.
The link says it's not an opinion but a fact. If isu fans didn't act the way they do I wouldn't have anything to mock.

100years the link you provided was headlined "oldman101 is so prod of ISU student section". That is a totally false and libelous headline given the article it was linked to. You are obviously a very disturbed individual with a such a tenuous grip on reality that further conversation with you would be pointless. I will say good day to you and hope you get the counseling you seem to be crying out for.

100years the link you provided was headlined "oldman101 is so prod of ISU student section". That is a totally false and libelous headline given the article it was linked to. You are obviously a very disturbed individual with a such a tenuous grip on reality that further conversation with you would be pointless. I will say good day to you and hope you get the counseling you seem to be crying out for.
Another satisfied customer. So I need counseling because I point out how isu fans act but the acts themselves are to be ignored.

110 years, obsessive compulsive disorder can be a vey debilitating condition. Do you find yourself spending an inordinate amount of time on fan message boards searching for posts you find objectionable? Do you automatically attribute the actions of a few individuals as a justification to take a blanket swipe at a much larger group? Are you starting to misidentify individuals who disagree with your assessments as part of that larger group even though they have no known affiliation with that group? Have you begun to "model your posts" after the individuals you object to? If your answer is in the affirmative than you may indeed have a problem. It was a good sign that you were actually able to type ISU Fans instead of your usual blanket appellation to that group, so there may be some hope for you. As to your other points no, I don't condone the actions of individuals who made the unconscionable slurs at the ISU game in question just as I wouldn't condone objectionable behavior by other individuals who might be involved in incidents in other fan bases.

This post was edited on 3/22 6:12 AM by oldman101

C'mon man, he clobbers some clown fans and you think he needs counseling? Go to their message board and preach to them about civility and see how you are received.

Hey old man,

It isn't a select few at su.

isu donor comes out of the stands to acost Bill Self.
isu WBB coach acts like a douche when his gals are dunked on.
isu football coach acts like a douche continuously.
isu AD says Big 12 is out to get isu and "It's Not Fair". Then gets fined.
Anthony booker flips off crowd at WVA.
Melvin Ejim flips off crowd at BYU.
Golden Boy welcomes with open arms D-bags tossed from the team at MSU and UNLV.
BDJ acts like a d-bag contiunally and eventually misses a game.
isu professor commits research fraud at isu.
isu PA announcer is called out by game officials during 2013 Iowa isu football game.
The clown report and cry-clown fanatic.

So this is a pattern of d-bag behavior that ocuurs over and over and over the past couple of years. Face it isu has a culture of d-bags. Again when isu, its fans, coaches, donors, players, students, PA announcer, AD, professors and Web Site Owner/Operators quit acting that way I will leave them alone. Any idea when you his will occur?

Do you really want links to all these incidents to prove my point. I am more than happy to provide them.

Originally posted by rainydayhawk:

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Originally posted by ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK:
Conference tourny winners aren't the conference champs. And there's a huge difference.

I don't know anyone who claims ISU is the Big XII champion.
Hoiberg does.
No, he doesn't. If he made that remark, it was clearly a reference to the tournament. He and players have said they were disappointed they didn't win the conference. There are banners hanging in Hilton for the conference championships; there are none for the tournament championships.

I am sure there are Cyclone fans who have used the phrase. I have not seen any, however, who argued vehemently that the tournament winner really is the conference champion, as many Hawkeye fans argued here when Iowa won the Big Ten tournament.

Here is what we know for sure Looneyclown, when the next Directors Cup update comes out it will show Iowa has a better team than isu. Of course we all know that since this is the case it will be ignored by all clown fans. Ignored to the point that it won't even be valid for a Hawk fan to bring it up.

Next

Ah, progress at last, 100. You are beginning to put names to your demons, a healthy sign, although I think you should consult a dictionary and check the definitions of the words 'few' and 'many'. You seem to be much confused on this point. Staying away from such sites as the cyclone report and cry-cyclone fanatic might do you some good as they seem to cause you a great deal of distress. (they are certainly no more toxic than this site is on it's better days and I wouldn't expect them to be anything else.) You may want to check local reporting for transgressions similar to the ones you have mentioned as having occurred at ISU to those that have occurred at the University of Iowa in recent years. This may help you to keep a steady balance in your level of hypocrisy. There have been dismissals and departures from the football program for sexual misconduct. A scandal within the women's athletic department. A high profile coach in a media spat with an ESPN announcer. A men's basketball player engaged in a social media spat with fans. A Men's basketball player arrested for intoxicated driving. A booster accosting the FB teams OC during a game. .... I could go on and on with this list, but until you remove your self-made blinders what would be the point?
This post was edited on 3/22 10:53 AM by oldman101

Ah, progress at last, 100. You are beginning to put names to your demons, a healthy sign, although I think you should consult a dictionary and check the definitions of the words 'few' and 'many'. You seem to be much confused on this point. Staying away from such sites as the cyclone report and cry-cyclone fanatic might do you some good as they seem to cause you a great deal of distress. (they are certainly no more toxic than this site is on it's better days and I wouldn't expect them to be anything else.) You may want to check local reporting for transgressions similar to the ones you have mentioned as having occurred at ISU to those that have occurred at the University of Iowa in recent years. This may help you to keep a steady balance in your level of hypocrisy. There have been dismissals and departures from the football program for sexual misconduct. A scandal within the women's athletic department. A high profile coach in a media spat with an ESPN announcer. A men's basketball player engaged in a social media spat with fans. A Men's basketball player arrested for intoxicated driving. A booster accosting the FB teams OC during a game. .... I could go on and on with this list, but until you remove your self-made blinders what would be the point?
This post was edited on 3/22 10:53 AM by oldman101
You make a mistake by trying to interact with him. 100 is the message board version of a zoo attraction. The enjoyment comes from observing his behavior, not interacting. You watch a chimp eat a banana and scratch its butt; you don't try to discuss nutrition and psoriasis with it.

Ah, but therein lies the fun, lone clone. The interaction. It was never intended to help the chimp to improves its grooming, but rather to see how much further the chimp will jump to reach the banana.
This post was edited on 3/22 11:15 AM by oldman101

The fun is that clown fans have no answer for their d-bag culture. Looneyclown shows that when confronted with all the d-bag incidents the past couple of years they just ignore it.

Maybe they should just embrace it. Pollad loves billboards so why not use it in marketing. "isu....where d-bags go to learn." "isu.......if you aren't a d-bag when you arrive you will be one when you leave, we guarantee it." ""isu....we take all d-bags, even though tossed from the team at other schools."

Which is your fave OldMan? How about you Looney?

This post was edited on 3/22 12:10 PM by 100yearscounting

Originally posted by Ronman:
Oh puhleeze! These are young men. They had five days between games.
Moreover, they had the same amount of time that UAB had after winning their conference tourney. It's a bad argument.
ISU played significantly better competition. I think it's a bit unfair to think that didn't take a bit out of them.

With that said I think they let the press clipping go their head. Additionally they play street ball and once out of the street ball league that didn't translate well. Something seemed wrong with the chemistry of that team when they played. They seemed to be fighting with each other.

Sorry, to disappoint, 100 years, I just can't decide on which one of your rants is my favorite. They're all so wonderfully unbalanced that it's hard to choose.

I could put you on ignore, 100 year, but there is still a slight mathematical chance that you might post something intelligent.

Originally posted by 100yearscounting:

Originally posted by cylibros:
100years,

Maybe your message board self is just one persona you put on to blow off steam. Or maybe you were beaten as a child by someone in a Cy outfit. If it's the first one, then hey, whatever gets you through the day. Try humor sometime. If it's the second one, then it's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault....Iowa and ISU are not warring tribes. It's fun to act like it sometimes, but it's just where you went to school.
Maybe you should take a look at cry-clown fanatic and post these same thought over there. Tell us your handle so we know it is you. I have a long ways to go to meet the venom of clown fans.

Chop, chop.
Examples of this venom? The rivarly forum over there is tamer than the regular board on here.

I could put you on ignore, 100 year, but there is still a slight mathematical chance that you might post something intelligent.
The mathematical chance is 0.

Conference tourny winners aren't the conference champs. And there's a huge difference.
We agree on something. Now, where were you when Alford and 95% of the posters here were claiming Iowa was the Big Ten champion because it won the conference tournament?

I don't know anyone who claims ISU is the Big XII champion. I'm sure some do, but I certainly don't. Kansas is the champion. There may be people wearing t-shirts that say that, because that's the official position of the conference (same as in every conference) and that may be what the shirts they were selling in Kansas City say.

But this is really ironic, because I got in any number of fairly heated discussions on this board when you guys were all claiming to the conference champs because you won the tournament.
I remember The Hair going off on his call-in show about this very subject. Stating he had B1G championships to his credit. IIt was back when the heat was at an all-time high on him and he was giving the low down on all his accomplishments at Iowa.

FG the pretender is back.

A few days of mourning and the clown returns. How pissed are you that when the 4/9 Directors Cup update comes out that Iowa will have a better basketball team than isu?

This post was edited on 3/22 5:13 PM by 100yearscounting

A few days of mourning and the clown returns. How pissed are you that when the 4/9 Directors Cup update comes out that Iowa will have a better basketball team than isu?

Ohio State put it away early so we had time to get over it. Although it did take all the drama away. Definitely not a good showing especially from upper classmen.

Originally posted by FG86:

Ohio State put it away early so we had time to get over it. Although it did take all the drama away. Definitely not a good showing especially from upper classmen.
FG still mourning his clowns. He completely ignores that when the next Directors Cup he loves touting so much will show Iowa has a better basketball team than his beloved clowns.

FG still mourning his clowns. He completely ignores that when the next Directors Cup he loves touting so much will show Iowa has a better basketball team than his beloved clowns.
Call the wrestlers clowns to their faces, 100. See how well that goes over. We will see how Iowa ends up in the Director's Cup. Probably about same as past under Barta.

This thread is about basketball and FG can't grasp that. Why doesn't he want to talk about the Directors Cup all of a sudden? Yep he can post on and on and on and on about it and now that it will shownIowanhas a better basketball team than isu and he goes silent.

Almost as puzzling as his inability to post a link correctly.

Originally posted by FG86: Call the wrestlers clowns to their faces, 100. See how well that goes over. We will see how Iowa ends up in the Director's Cup. Probably about same as past under Barta.
FG must be suffering from shock due to the clowns losing to UAB on Thursday. He tries to turn a thread about basketball into a wrestling discussion.

Nothing new there. FG always tries to change the subject when he is being owned.

More I say, we want more. We want more. We want more.

This thread is about basketball and FG can't grasp that. Why doesn't he want to talk about the Directors Cup all of a sudden? Yep he can post on and on and on and on about it and now that it will shownIowanhas a better basketball team than isu and he goes silent.

Almost as puzzling as his inability to post a link correctly.
You are the one who brought up mourning. Yes, Iowa wrestling fans are in mourning over the poor performance in St. Louis. The Director's Cup isn't final yet for this year. I posted about Iowa's ranking in previous years. Ooops, must ignore, right?

Clown fans are in mourning. Clown fans like FG. How pissed are thry that he Directors Cup will show Iowa has a better basketball team?

Ouch

Hoiberg does.
No, he doesn't. If he made that remark, it was clearly a reference to the tournament.
I don't think that's clear. Link: http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/basketball/mens/news/cftv-hoiberg-talks-loss-to-uab/

He's certainly spinning in other parts of the linked interview. UAB forced Niang into a lot of tough looks and they deserved some credit for that.

Hoiberg does.
No, he doesn't. If he made that remark, it was clearly a reference to the tournament.
I don't think that's clear. Link: http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/basketball/mens/news/cftv-hoiberg-talks-loss-to-uab/

He's certainly spinning in other parts of the linked interview. UAB forced Niang into a lot of tough looks and they deserved some credit for that.
It's clear to anyone who's familiar with what he's said in the past. And in his reaction at the end when the reporter refers to "tournament championships."

He gave UAB a bunch of credit in his post-game interview. This was an interview with Cyclone media.

Hoiberg does.

It's clear to anyone who's familiar with what he's said in the past. And in his reaction at the end when the reporter refers to "tournament championships."

He gave UAB a bunch of credit in his post-game interview. This was an interview with Cyclone media.
He actually didn't give any credit to UAB's defense on Niang in either interview. And he was asked about it both times.

Clown fans are in mourning. Clown fans like FG. How pissed are thry that he Directors Cup will show Iowa has a better basketball team?

Ouch
Still don't understand the Director's Cup I see. That is a stunning revelation.

Ouch
Still don't understand the Director's Cup I see. That is a stunning revelation.
I understand it just fine. They assign points for how teams finish the season. The schools with the better teams are awarded more points. When the mid April update occurs Iowa will receive more points than isu for MBB. Thus according to the Directors Cup Iowa was better than isu.

Feel free t prove that wrong FG. But don't "sing it" "bring it" with a link.

Who wants to bet all we get from FG is a semantics argument and nothing to prove me wrong? Or wait maybe he will give us one of his famous "questions" as proof he is correct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT