ADVERTISEMENT

ISU got screwed

Blow out Houston in the conference championship and then get stuck in a really hard bracket.

Oh well.
The Hawks can take credit for the “screwing” ISU suffered…..UIowa was part of that notorious non-conference schedule folks are citing for Cy’s screwing……….BTW, it ain’t all bad for ISU……playing in Omaha the first couple of games…..a Sweet 16 looks promising, at least…….They aren’t playing Hampton, are they?

Blow out Houston in the conference championship and then get stuck in a really hard bracket.

Oh well.
I didn't watch much of it but someone told me Houston got several T's. And lost players Was this enough to hurt any comeback attempt.? And not sure this person really. knew what was going on.
But-- when I saw the final score I did think --yes, ISU could beat them--but what happened with Houston to make a blow out.?

I didn't watch much of it but someone told me Houston got several T's. And lost players Was this enough to hurt any comeback attempt.? And not sure this person really. knew what was going on.
But-- when I saw the final score I did think --yes, ISU could beat them--but what happened with Houston to make a blow out.?
I don't remember any Ts last night. Just Houston shot like shit, and ISU didn't. Like 27% bad. Houston shot 4-22 from three. Looked like Houston just kind of gave up with 5 min left.

I don't remember any Ts last night. Just Houston shot like shit, and ISU didn't. Like 27% bad. Houston shot 4-22 from three. Looked like Houston just kind of gave up with 5 min left.
Iowa State just flat beat the shit out of Houston the other night. No excuses…..Houston had a couple of injured players, but ISU absolutely kicked their Texas asses all over the court. Iowa State is THAT good at times….but they have an ugly side too (and occasionally,they show it). How do you spell “slimeball”? K-E-L-V-I-N S-A-M-P-S-O-N……..

The Office Smirk GIF

No Houston player punched a Clone in the tum? Told to me but like i said, not sure I heard was fact.

The Hawks can take credit for the “screwing” ISU suffered…..UIowa was part of that notorious non-conference schedule folks are citing for Cy’s screwing……….BTW, it ain’t all bad for ISU……playing in Omaha the first couple of games…..a Sweet 16 looks promising, at least…….They aren’t playing Hampton, are they?
No but they might be playing Drake.

# 8 according to a ranking I saw....

Well Grambling is in the tournament and ISU beat them by 55 points! How the hell is Grambling in...oh yeah...
Did they get an automatic bid after winning their conference/conference tournament?

I guess the takeaway from this is that the conference tourneys don't really matter. Because UNC and ISU are pretty similar other than the fact that ISU finished stronger, way stronger, by trouncing Houston in ways not though possible while UNC got beat by a 10 seed.

Ralph was a chain smoker, he'd smoke a pack at halftime but would only allow Johnny Johnson to bum 2 off him at half. That's a fact...
I can remember seeing Ralph in person for the first time…he was at Wichita and playing Drake at Vet’s….Ralph spent the entire pregame standing just off the Vet’s court, observing his team go thru their workouts….and chain smoking Camels the entire time….he put away a few, too!
The only other “performer” I ever saw smoke like that was Ronnie Woods with The Stones….He was “lung cancer waiting to happen”…..and guess what???

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
No but they might be playing Drake.
Drake can beat them. Drake can shoot the ball well and that can be isu's kryptonite. Yes ISU's defense can definitely be smothering but they aren't exactly an explosive team offensively and if a good shooting team has a decent night they can take them out. Everyone I've been talking to lately seems to think they are this unbeatable team and yes they are good but they have weaknesses and while it probably won't happen a team like drake can match up well if things go their way a little bit.

Drake can beat them. Drake can shoot the ball well and that can be isu's kryptonite. Yes ISU's defense can definitely be smothering but they aren't exactly an explosive team offensively and if a good shooting team has a decent night they can take them out. Everyone I've been talking to lately seems to think they are this unbeatable team and yes they are good but they have weaknesses and while it probably won't happen a team like drake can match up well if things go their way a little bit.
I’m being serious when I say this… I don’t think Drake will get to 50 pts if they play Iowa State, they will not be able to score.

Actually #16 Net schedule.

Stop posting what you don't know about.
Committee chair even said ISU’s non con was the issue that held them back from a higher seed or a possible number one so in a round about way he is correct.

Also, be happy ISU is playing in Omaha as part of the other reason why you got the two seed at # 7 since you can’t get a higher seed - 5 or 6 and still play in Omaha. Good luck in the tourney. Don’t pull a typical clown love and get upset….again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT