ADVERTISEMENT

ISU Postgame

• Thread starter anon_ddojbbh8q7xrt
  • Start date
1. Why do we need to see this Fiesta Bowl trophy crap
2. Purdy looks like a douche
3. Campbell has a punchable face and should use his millions to correct his teeth
4. ISU is 9-3. For christs sake thats an average season for Iowa

Best season in Clown program history, baby!!!

But never forget (even though Clown fans want you to); based on actual game results, the following is true:

Coastal Carolina > Louisiana >>>>>>>>>>>>> Iowa State

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
9-3 is not an average year for us.

I don't get why everyone has to make fun of Iowa St. for winning and getting better. Their program has been historically trash and are celebrating the improvement of their program.

Trust me, I don't like Iowa St. at all but they didn't make Iowa (or the Big Ten) sit out our non- conference. They didn't tell West Virginia, Baylor, TCU and Kansas St. to suck way worse than normal. They didn't tell Texas or Oklahoma to not be up to their usual standards. They didn't schedule the most fake conference champion ever in Oregon. Iowa St. didn't rank themselves. Iowa St. didn't tell Michigan or Missouri to back out of our games that would have assuredly got ourselves into the top 10 at 8-2.

Iowa St. had a good season. Iowa St. has some good players and motivated coaches. Let's beat the crap out of them next year.

9-3 is not an average year for us.

I don't get why everyone has to make fun of Iowa St. for winning and getting better. Their program has been historically trash and are celebrating the improvement of their program.

Trust me, I don't like Iowa St. at all but they didn't make Iowa (or the Big Ten) sit out our non- conference. They didn't tell West Virginia, Baylor, TCU and Kansas St. to suck way worse than normal. They didn't tell Texas or Oklahoma to not be up to their usual standards. They didn't schedule the most fake conference champion ever in Oregon. Iowa St. didn't rank themselves. Iowa St. didn't tell Michigan or Missouri to back out of our games that would have assuredly got ourselves into the top 10 at 8-2.

Iowa St. had a good season. Iowa St. has some good players and motivated coaches. Let's beat the crap out of them next year.

Since 2015 Iowa has won 9 games or more three times and the two other years they won 8 games. Just last year Iowa won 10 games. The slobfest ISU is receiving this year for going 9-3, especially with a down schedule, is perplexing. Congrats to ISU, but the year they had this year has been the average year for Iowa over the past five years.

Since 2015 Iowa has won 9 games or more three times and the two other years they won 8 games. Just last year Iowa won 10 games. The slobfest ISU is receiving this year for going 9-3, especially with a down schedule, is perplexing. Congrats to ISU, but the year they had this year has been the average year for Iowa over the past five years.

Crazy to think it would have been 8 had we played the last two games. I guess I am still living prior to 2015. Either way, for Iowa St., they still did that without playing another scrub and Iowa. The way the Hawks started the season I would have been nervous (not that Iowa St. was much better with the loss to Louisiana).

The slobfest, again, is because Iowa St. has never been to this level.

The so called down schedule, featured 6 games against the CFP top 25 currently. Iowa played 1. the Big 12 went 5-0 in bowl games, with 3 of those games being routes.

Crazy to think it would have been 8 had we played the last two games. I guess I am still living prior to 2015. Either way, for Iowa St., they still did that without playing another scrub and Iowa. The way the Hawks started the season I would have been nervous (not that Iowa St. was much better with the loss to Louisiana).

The slobfest, again, is because Iowa St. has never been to this level.
If Louisiana sucks so bad, why is Iowa behind them? Does Iowa suck even worse?

Said it before, but it’s SO Iowa State to have its best season ever in a pandemic year when very few fans were able to watch in person. Nice season for them, but I don’t think it would’ve happened had it not been for Covid-19. All those cancelled games, plus the B1G and PAC-12 starting late, allowed them to move up in the polls ahead of more deserving teams. Any other year, an 8-3 conference runner-up wouldn’t sniff a NY6 bowl.

The so called down schedule, featured 6 games against the CFP top 25 currently. Iowa played 1. the Big 12 went 5-0 in bowl games, with 3 of those games being routes.

The rankings were skewed this year towards the teams that played full schedules. Other than OU, the Big 12 bowl wins were against Army, the PAC 12 and ACC, which were the two worst power five conferences. And ISU doesn’t play in the Fiesta at 8-3 in a normal year.

Two things.
1- I was saying that you didn't look good against Louisiana, not that Louisiana is horrible. That ranking they recieved was completely based off of the win against you. They eeked out wins the next two weeks.

2- The CFP was the only poll I was looking at but Louisiana is 4 spots behind us.

ISU should be decent again next year with Purdy announcing he will return. I am actually looking forward to the Cy-hawk game for once.

Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
ISU should be decent again next year with Purdy announcing he will return. I am actually looking forward to the Cy-hawk game for once.
also if Purdy was as good as some seem to think he would be going for the pro's. Pro football is searching for QB's so what is he waiting for?

Don’t be stupid- like your last two troll comparisons were. That said, to the rest, isu had a wonderful year in this strangest of years. The old adage fits for them as well as all- never a good as one thinks they are, and not as bad.

they made a fiesta bowl with 3 losses(extraordinarily uncommon) vs a barely ranked team(extraordinarily uncommon)... ample for scoffing- then when using eye balls, they had a good team at the end of the year...great for them. Next Sept will be a good one

also if Purdy was as good as some seem to think he would be going for the pro's. Pro football is searching for QB's so what is he waiting for?
Except Purdy is a good QB. I don't quite follow the hate, his passer rating is damn good, his line sucks, but the RB situation is tops as well. You ask what he is waiting for, well this years QB class is deep. He will likely increase his draft stock. For anyone saying they wouldn't take Purdy over Petras, good luck with that argument.

There are very good college players who aren't necessarily outstanding pro prospects. You have a good example on your basketball team. My personal opinion is that Purdy fits that description. In addition, there are some really good QBs eligible for the draft this year.

Except Purdy is a good QB. I don't quite follow the hate, his passer rating is damn good, his line sucks, but the RB situation is tops as well. You ask what he is waiting for, well this years QB class is deep. He will likely increase his draft stock. For anyone saying they wouldn't take Purdy over Petras, good luck with that argument.
I have been a leading critic of the ISU offensive line for several years, but I have to say a word in defense of this year's version. It really was pretty decent, as witness Hall's performance and the protection Purdy got. Considering it was a young line and had to make two or three substitutions because of injury, it was a positive factor this season.

It should be a definite plus next year.

Don’t be stupid- like your last two troll comparisons were. That said, to the rest, isu had a wonderful year in this strangest of years. The old adage fits for them as well as all- never a good as one thinks they are, and not as bad.

they made a fiesta bowl with 3 losses(extraordinarily uncommon) vs a barely ranked team(extraordinarily uncommon)... ample for scoffing- then when using eye balls, they had a good team at the end of the year...great for them. Next Sept will be a good one

Well said. They never play in a NY6 bowl except for the way this year panned out. And they never play the crappy Oregon team any other year than this one. They were a solid team if you watched them play but in any other year than the Kung Flu season, they’re playing in a very good bowl but nowhere near sniffing a NY6.

Reactions: loper
Remind me again what happened the last time Iowa played a New Years 6 Bowl vs the PAC 12 champs?

Dude you just got to play in your first one, and in a normal year wouldn’t have been close to it, and you’re spouting off like this? How is online school going for you?

Dude you just got to play in your first one, and in a normal year wouldn’t have been close to it, and you’re spouting off like this? How is online school going for you?

Not an Iowa State fan, I simply asked a question that was 100% factual. I apologize if it hurt your feelings.

cause we didnt play as many games. this is the unicorn season where these oddball teams get their little spank on the booty and get told nice job.

since Purdy and Hall back there can be no excuses if Hawks go into Ames and come out a winner once again. Mattie will have them wearing the all black unis.

Reactions: not_mantiteo

too short for NFL. he aint Drew Brees

As always, chicken and Taco pizza are good choices. Such a pointless thread... wait 85% are.

Jesus, I mean I don’t like ISU, but this is just sour grapes. They might not be a top ten team, but neither are we. Let them have their moment. They had a good season. Then let’s kick them in the BALLS next year.
FIFY

I have been a leading critic of the ISU offensive line for several years, but I have to say a word in defense of this year's version. It really was pretty decent, as witness Hall's performance and the protection Purdy got. Considering it was a young line and had to make two or three substitutions because of injury, it was a positive factor this season.

It should be a definite plus next year.

Yeah I don't think barely being top 70 illustrates a good line. Purdy was running for his life in that Oklahoma game. ISU's skill players help to solve that a bit though.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT