ADVERTISEMENT

It’s official: Coralville announces it is getting a professional hockey team

tenor.gif

I can't wait. I don't know if it will impact the roughriders too much. I am sure it may impact attendance in CR initially, but depending on cost, and weather....people may decide to stay close to home for a night out more often than not, especially the crowd that just goes to drink and socialize.

I don't know how easy it would be for them to work together to sell ticket packages (1 RR ticket, 1 Coralville ticket), or they have "roughrider night" and vice versa.

Either way, I am exited to have another hockey team close by.

Cant see the area supporting two teams. Riders may pack up
I don't see it. it wasn't long ago they were tapping off huge sections of seating and they still weren't filling half of the seats that remained. Last few games I went to they seemed to draw bigger crowds.

curious to how many people from coralville attended roughrider games. I don't see people who go to roughrider games will go to coralville consistently during the winter, and what are tickets going to cost compared to the roughriders.

Wow, 10 people will show up. 9 drunks and 1 family member. At this rate, the rainforest sounded like a good idea.

Tickets not on sale yet. I looked at the Independence, Mo. team and their seats are $25-40.
36 home games with Wednesday nights as the regular week night game night. (7:00pm start time)
I'll be hitting about any Wednesday, non-school night game up with the kids. I like that as the Roughriders barely have any weeknight games.
No team name or nhl affiliation named yet? (assuming Wild affiliate?)
Yes, the system will go Coralville ECHL->Iowa Wild->Minnesota Wild.

Cool. But could they share the arena with the University of Iowa hockey teams? Please?
It probably won't happen, but I'd love to see the Iowa Raptors play in the arena with MASL, like the Kansas City Comets share the same building with the Mavericks.

Cool. But could they share the arena with the University of Iowa hockey teams? Please?
It was announced a year or so ago that they were making the ice arena in CR home. That was pre derecho. The Roughriders didnt play this season due to damage to the building.

i assume Iowas club team will still plan on playing in CR

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I'll be hitting about any Wednesday, non-school night game up with the kids. I like that as the Roughriders barely have any weeknight games.

Yes, the system will go Coralville ECHL->Iowa Wild->Minnesota Wild.

It probably won't happen, but I'd love to see the Iowa Raptors play in the arena with MASL, like the Kansas City Comets share the same building with the Mavericks.

/Googles Iowa Raptors
/Figures out they're a soccer team

Great. Now I'm gonna have to delete my browsing history to avoid Google thinking I like soccer and giving me endless ads about it.

It was announced a year or so ago that they were making the ice arena in CR home. That was pre derecho. The Roughriders didnt play this season due to damage to the building.

i assume Iowas club team will still plan on playing in CR

I meant a real ncaa hockey team. Not that watching the club team in the mall wasn't fun.

Reactions: dirtypool
Can't see many junior league fans paying $40+ for single game tickets. May have misjudged their price point for the area.
Ill make it to coralville for a few games a season.
The uncertainty of winter driving and the drive time, i will still probably hit more roughrider games

Omaha had hockey oversaturation a few years back when they had an AHL team for a couple of years. The UNO Mavericks and Omaha Lancers were already well established. They did a terrible job promoting them, and when they did promote them as the Best Hockey in Omaha, it ruffled quite a few feathers.

They lasted two years and relocated to the Quad Cities. I was disappointed as I would prefer to follow a professional team. But I've grown to become more of a fan of the Mavericks, and I'll actually have a connection to the school when my son attends in the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT