ADVERTISEMENT

It's settled. BIG best conference in the country.

The Big Ten is not the best conference. Big 12 is clearly the best. So many solid teams. I mean look, Baylor beat Texas A&M and South Carolina in like November. Iowa State beat South Carolina too ... er wait. Kansas beat Temple and played with Kentucky for about two minutes. Texas Tech beat Iowa State which proves the depth of the Big 12. But, when Rutgers beats Wisconsin it shows how weak the Big Ten really is this year.

Oh yeah, and Iowa State beat Iowa. Or something like that.

Originally posted by srams21:
The Big Ten is not the best conference. Big 12 is clearly the best. So many solid teams. I mean look, Baylor beat Texas A&M and South Carolina in like November. Iowa State beat South Carolina too ... er wait. Kansas beat Temple and played with Kentucky for about two minutes. Texas Tech beat Iowa State which proves the depth of the Big 12. But, when Rutgers beats Wisconsin it shows how weak the Big Ten really is this year.

assuming sarcasm button ON

The ACC had 5 teams in the Sweet Sixteen.
The Big Ten has 2 teams in the Final Four.

The Big Ten has 2 of the best coaches in
college basketball today: Bo Ryan and Tom Izzo

Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa State were good this year
but not good enough.

Originally posted by BirdistheWord:

Umm, dude South Carolina is good. The Gamecocks beat both ISU and Okie State. Not sure how they finished 6-12 in the SEC. They took down two Big 12 powerhouses. Further, Oklahoma almost beat Creighton and Washington. Those two teams nearly made the CBI. Last two out I believe. Really shows you how good the Big 12 really was this year.

Did I mention Texas Tech beat Iowa State? When your worst team beats your second best team, I mean wow. Tough league.

Umm, dude South Carolina is good. The Gamecocks beat both ISU and Okie State. Not sure how they finished 6-12 in the SEC. They took down two Big 12 powerhouses. Further, Oklahoma almost beat Creighton and Washington. Those two teams nearly made the CBI. Last two out I believe. Really shows you how good the Big 12 really was this year.

Did I mention Texas Tech beat Iowa State? When your worst team beats your second best team, I mean wow. Tough league.
dude, you cannot use same argument two different ways, you could then assume B1G is tough top to bottom if Rutgers beat Wisconsin. I would say both leagues are very strong top to bottom (obv. B1G has more teams so tapers off more) with the likes of Illinois, Minny, Penn State and even Nebby having pretty solid teams.

dude, you cannot use same argument two different ways, you could then assume B1G is tough top to bottom if Rutgers beat Wisconsin. I would say both leagues are very strong top to bottom (obv. B1G has more teams so tapers off more) with the likes of Illinois, Minny, Penn State and even Nebby having pretty solid teams.
I think he got you the second time

Dude, Rutgers is terrible. When they beat Wisconsin it showed that the Big 10 really isn't very good. When Texas Tech beat Iowa State it showed how tough the bottom of the Big 12 is man. Just deal with it.

Also, it's called Clone logic.

The conventional wisdom in America is that the
best teams usually make it to the Sweet 16 each
year in the NCAA Tournament.

Coaches are hired and fired based on their ability
or inability to make it to the Big Dance. Michigan
State was seeded 7th in the Tournament this year.
Now they are in the Final Four.

Bottom Line: Good players and good coaches
usually make it to the Sweet 16. No excuses
are allowed.

Dude, Rutgers is terrible. When they beat Wisconsin it showed that the Big 10 really isn't very good. When Texas Tech beat Iowa State it showed how tough the bottom of the Big 12 is man. Just deal with it.

Also, it's called Clone logic.
well played sir
wink.r191677.gif

The B1G just happens to have a few of the best coaches of the last 20 years. Doesn't make it the best conference. It's like saying the SEC is a great bball conference because of UK.

If Kentucky wins the national championship.....doesn't that mean the SEC is the best?

Originally posted by IMCC965:
I would love to see a Wisconsin - Michigan State final.

Originally posted by mtdew_fever:
If Kentucky wins the national championship.....doesn't that mean the SEC is the best?

So by this logic the BIG was the best overall football conference? I always knew we were better than the SEC, and with less success recruiting too. Wow, what a conference.

Back to the argument, I think best conference and most competitive conference got confused this year. I'd say top to bottom the Big 12 was the most competitive, however they were not the best. The ACC was and it's not even close. UNC, Duke, Louisville, Notre Dame, UVA etc. etc. trumps the BIG and Big 12. Sorry Clowns.

Originally posted by Terry Hoitz:
The B1G just happens to have a few of the best coaches of the last 20 years. Doesn't make it the best conference. It's like saying the SEC is a great bball conference because of UK.
This is one of the very worst straw man arguments ever perpetuated here on HR... even for the haters and trolls that just cannot let it go.

No one has stated that the SEC is the best. What has been stated is that the big xii is likely not any better than the ACC, Big Ten and/or perhaps the Pac 12.

Somehow 'one true champion' has already lost its luster.

Originally posted by FG86:
Andy Fales sums it up pretty well
Or, perhaps Andy Fales (along with others) see their job as one in which it is best to be controversial and always provoking the other side. Is Mr. Fales a news reporter, sports person or just a wanna be part time comedian?

Exactly how many games did Mr. Fales cover, in person, this just completed basketball season?

Carry on, Pretender the Troll.

clown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by 5Fan5:
Or, perhaps Andy Fales (along with others) see their job as one in which it is best to be controversial and always provoking the other side. Is Mr. Fales a news reporter, sports person or just a wanna be part time comedian?

Exactly how many games did Mr. Fales cover, in person, this just completed basketball season?

clown.r191677.gif
Well first of all, he could have been controversial and provoking by claiming the NCAA tourney results are the ONLY way to determine the best conference.

Did you know Fales is actually a reporter?

Exactly how many games did you or any of the overly biased people on here cover? Carry on, 5-5=0

clown.r191677.gif
Well first of all, he could have been controversial and provoking by claiming the NCAA tourney results are the ONLY way to determine the best conference.
So, at the beginning of the soon to be completed (my sincere apologies to all the isu fans here) basketball season, it was okay for Mr. Fales and others in his 'profession' to speak about how strong the big xii conference would be and how isu might even be a Final Four team; but, now that the actual tournament is underway to determine "one true champion", it is blasphemous to compare/contrast team and conference performance. Got it.

BTW, please share with me/us exactly where it is stated by anyone that the tourney is the ONLY way to determine the best conference. I'll wait as usual, but do not expect a response.

Did you know Fales is actually a reporter?
That's strange because he is billed as several different things by the company he is employed with in Des Moines - "news anchor" for the 4PM time slot that immediately precedes the 5PM newscast and is then followed by the 6PM news where Mr. Fales becomes sometimes a reporter and sometimes who really knows or cares? But, they do give the "most local news" which sounds eerily similar to "one true champion" in its context and meaning. Then, he also is a radio personality on a program that features very minimal substance and a whole lot of minutia about justifying what it is that they think they are doing. Lastly, there is 'Sound OFff' which may have been funny prior to Fales departure for the big time (St. Louis? Kansas City?), but has run its course a long, long time ago now.

Exactly how many games did you or any of the overly biased people on here cover? Carry on, 5-5=0
Zero. Is your point that Fales is no more informed that anyone posting on HR or are you just too embarrassed to admit that Fales, like so many others, has taken the easy road... sit back, criticize everyone after that fact except for yourself, of course because that is what the current mostly mindless masses will accept now.

Or Fales is wrong.

What is meaningless is SOS. If SOS really equated to a team being better than another then the post season wouldn't have as upsets as it does.

Will that ever stop clown fans from touting it? Nope, never.

clown.r191677.gif

So if you don't cover games, you can't have an opinion or be knowledgeable on a subject. Got it.

Post season results and the Directors Cup can be used in certain and select time frames of which can only be defined by clown fans.

Got it.

Four different threads about this topic, huh? You guys sure seem to take a lot of satisfaction from living vicariously through the 2 best teams in your league. It's kind of weird.

Did I mention that the 14th seed in the Big 10 beat FIRST place team Wisconsin. Double WOW

It's just another game that sometimes wakes teams up, happens to the best of them apparently. Don't make such remarks without first checking out your own back yard.

Originally posted by flynnhicks03:

Four different threads about this topic, huh? You guys sure seem to take a lot of satisfaction from living vicariously through the 2 best teams in your league. It's kind of weird.
I, and I think most Hawk and Big Ten fans, generally root for other Big Ten teams. Having a conference that goes back over 100 years and having 80 percent of your schools having been together almost as long does that.

It's a conference with a strong tradition. It's kind of like when your brother or sister does well at something even if you didn't. I'm still going to be happy when they do well.

The Big 12 has a lot of tradition, too. I mean you go back to what, 1998? Wow. Teams are wanting to join our conference, while teams are leaving yours. Big 12 is crap and I'm not talking just about the quality of sports.

One True Champion ........ LOL
roll.r191677.gif

So by this logic the BIG was the best overall football conference? I always knew we were better than the SEC, and with less success recruiting too. Wow, what a conference.

Back to the argument, I think best conference and most competitive conference got confused this year. I'd say top to bottom the Big 12 was the most competitive, however they were not the best. The ACC was and it's not even close. UNC, Duke, Louisville, Notre Dame, UVA etc. etc. trumps the BIG and Big 12. Sorry Clowns.
Most competitive? I guess this explains the 12 year run Kansas is on huh?

Originally posted by SoFla-Hawkeye:

Most competitive? I guess this explains the 12 year run Kansas is on huh?
This. I love how a Clone fan said we are basing the conference's success off just two teams (MSU and Wisky). When was the last time someone other than KU made a final four from the BIG 12?

2004! Oklahoma State made the final four and lost that year.

The Big 12 truly is the Big ONE and little nine.

At least that's what the Clones would be saying if this was the Big Ten.

Look, the Big 12 is a quality conference overall. But, stop running your mouths every season until someone other than Kansas does anything noteworthy.

Yet the 14th seed and the 5th best team in CUSA bounces the , only in the minds of clown fans the mighty cry-clowns.

Ouch

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT