ADVERTISEMENT

It's the final weekend of the year! How was your 2023?

BrianNole777

HR All-American
Jan 27, 2023
Mine was pretty good:

- I tried to give.

- Argued with strangers on the internet 70% less than last year.

- Turned 40 in April. Halfway to eternity.

- Prayed a couple thousand rosaries and went to Mass maybe 70 times.

- Saved maybe $450 a month after taxes. Paid off debt (I'm a poor)

A couple lowlights:

- FSU football got screwed by the playoff committee out of a possible National Championship. Brutal.

- My maternal Uncle was recently diagnosed with early term dementia at aged 65. There go my flawless genes...most people in my family live to 80+. My paternal Grandmother lived to 102.

-I'll probably lose my 2023 Celebrity Death Pool. The good news is

CSB.

How about yours?

Any highlights or lowlights?

Reactions: Moral and VodkaSam
cb195a537fc7d204a69d756f32a5d63835f300ef1575b6b64f70b90298717ba9.png

Reactions: Moral
If you would have asked me in January, the answer would have been quite a bit different, but it has been a good year. Definitely the most healthy I have been in 20 years, the kids are both great, the wife (no pic) and I are working on it. Slow and steady wins the race, gents.

I had a pretty damn good year.
  • Oldest no pic daughter is in her senior year of college and already has a stellar data science job waiting when she graduates next May.
  • Youngest no pic daughter graduated high school and is the honors program studying business at Iowa
  • I stepped back from corporate life to do consulting and non profit work which has been very rewarding and far less stress. I reached a point where I can live a comfortable life on dividend income without ever hitting principle…feels good.
  • Traveled to Fort Lauderdale, Charleston, Napa, Vegas, Goa/India, Patagonia (Chile/Argentina), among other fine places.
  • Ms Traveler is doing well
  • We rescued a dog from very unfortunate circumstances
  • No one I love died
All in all, no complaints!

Eh, made the most money I've made by a good bit. Had a weird neck tumor -- benign -- that caused me a lot of health issues, but I did finally get it removed.

Want to get my health back up to par in 2024. Stop being such a degenerate. And get my mobile work rig setup completed.

But for now...

It's 10 am. Back to bourbon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT