ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo just went nuts on his own player

A

anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

And so I thought it deserved its own thread. Sorry if anyone is offended.

What a great representative of MSU and college basketball. Izzo looked like he was ready to fight his own player. He got in his face, stuck his finger in the guy's chest, and had to be physically restrained by Winston and another player or two. And he still kept trying to go after the kid during the timeout.

IMHO, that was one of the worst exhibitions I've ever seen by a coach toward his own player. Will there be any repercussions? Seems like there should be. But maybe it's like being president: A winning coach can do whatever the hell he wants without being held accountable.

I commented on this in the other thread. Now he seems to be going after Winston. One announcer wanted to talk about it but the other was just like hey that’s how he rolls.

Reactions: SotaHawk87
OP is exaggerating a bit, it wasnt that bad.

It wasn't that bad? Wow. I didn't know Mrs. Izzo posted on this board.

The only thing Izzo didn't do was punch the kid. If Fran had done the same thing, this board and college basketball would be goin' absolutely insane.

And now Izzo is out on the court going after the BIG player of the year, Winston. The guy is outta control even more than usual, and he goes from a look of a crazy man to one of a baby about to cry.

Wasn't that bad! BS. It was horrible. And they're showing it again right now. Izzo is a basket case. And those are the facts. Like it or don't.

What a great representative of MSU and college basketball. Izzo looked like he was ready to fight his own player. He got in his face, stuck his finger in the guy's chest, and had to be physically restrained by Winston and another player or two. And he still kept trying to go after the kid during the timeout.

IMHO, that was one of the worst exhibitions I've ever seen by a coach toward his own player. Will there be any repercussions? Seems like there should be. But maybe it's like being president: A winning coach can do whatever the hell he wants without being held accountable.
Bobby Knight like!

Is that kid on the transfer portal yet. Lol

It wasn't that bad? Wow. I didn't know Mrs. Izzo posted on this board.

The only thing Izzo didn't do was punch the kid. If Fran had done the same thing, this board and college basketball would be goin' absolutely insane.

And now Izzo is out on the court going after the BIG player of the year, Winston. The guy is outta control even more than usual, and he goes from a look of a crazy man to one of a baby about to cry.

Wasn't that bad! BS. It was horrible. And they're showing it again right now. Izzo is a basket case. And those are the facts. Like it or don't.
Anyone provide more video clips for plebs that are stuck in their offfices?

Interesting that they replayed the clip a couple of times too. Wonder if it’ll come up I. The press conference.

Why? I would take McQuaid on my team any day of the week. Plays within himself offensively, gets the ball to the right place, and shoots a fantastic percentage from 3. And he is on the all-defensive team. Guy is a winner. Nothing not to like/respect.

Every team has that guy that opposing fan basea love to hate, he is that guy for me.

We probably have multiple (Bohannon, Garza, Baer).

Izzo was sarcastic and disdainful in his postgame interview. He treated every question as an affront. The transformation is complete. He has become Bobby Knight.

Bradley should not have better players than Iowa- but they do. Several other no name schools seem to too
Bradley is not a no name school. Sure they are not what they used to be and the MVC is not what it used to be, but LOL at someone who thinks there is no history there. Plus, on the other side of the equation, because they played one game close to another team does not mean they would do that all the time.

Reactions: perryhawk
Izzo was sarcastic and disdainful in his postgame interview. He treated every question as an affront. The transformation is complete. He has become Bobby Knight.
Really, I thought the opposite. I thought he's more Jeckle-Hyde like. I hate him during the game and he gave Bradley most of the credit for a tough game, never called out any of his players, maybe the committee for the Big X second round matchup, road game atmosphere...

The radio broadcast described "what an entertaining coach with all of that intensity." Fran would absolutely be roasted by the media .

The radio broadcast described "what an entertaining coach with all of that intensity." Fran would absolutely be roasted by the media .

It’s a major double-standard. Fran would be suspended for half of that but the broadcasters were busy lauding that ‘great intensity and coaching’. It was absolutely ridiculous by Izzo.

The thing is Izzo is a 5’7” wannabe tough guy that would get pounded by any of those players. He runs around like he’s Mr. MMA.

Just in from Greg Gumbel on the NCAA studio show on Izzo’s tirade; ‘that’s what you call coaching them up’. ‘Love that guy’.

Every team has that guy that opposing fan basea love to hate, he is that guy for me.

We probably have multiple (Bohannon, Garza, Baer).
I have heard more hate for Connor from other fanbases than any Iowa player in probably a decade. That’s anecdotal, obviously, but I think it will only get worse in the next couple years.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
If Fran does the same thing Izzo does tomorrow to a player Greg Gumbels comment will be ‘there was an ugly incident in the game between the Cincinnati Bearcats and the Iowa Iowa Hawkeyes. During a time out the head coach of the Hawkeyes Fran McCaffery went after a player and had to be physically restrained. Clark there’s no place in the game for this behavior.’

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT